1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Menu Customization as per the DVD contents?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by gparmar, Oct 22, 2004.

1. gparmar

gparmar Member

I’m new to DvdReMake Pro 2.2, and need help.

My question is
    I Split Braveheart DVD into 2

DVD1: Main menu + Main movie (VTS_02_0.vob) from chapters [1-12]

DVD2: Main menu + remaining movie (VTS_02_0.vob) from chapters
    [13-22] + Special Features.

What is want to accomplish is,

Insert a Menu Screen in DVD1 saying "insert disc 2" and disply this screen when the user makes a selection on any of the content whose files are in DVD2 and vice versa with "insert disc 1" screen when user makes any selection whose content is in DVD2

To specify in particular when user makes
    "Special Features" selection from DVD1 it shows him the "insert DVD2 screen" as the contents are there and vice-versa.

PLEASE HELP

2. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

2.2 is an old version with some major bugs which is quite useless and you may as well delete it

I cannot accuse you of using the warez version but if you are a registered owner of DVDremake then update to version 2.5.4 before you even attempt creating your DVD :)

with DVDremake you can actually join all the chapters from the 2nd DVD onto the 1st DVD and also copy the Extras VTS's

I have a join DVD guide but I know old-hack who joined the Pearl Harbour DVD in a similar way

http://cdr-zone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=885&start=30
    http://cdr-zone.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=909

3. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Hey mack, I am getting ready to do A Time to Kill, I've been looking at your guide, I have the newest version of DRM. i just saw old hack's method which seems a bit simpler. The menu on ATTKis pretty simple. Which route would you choose? :>)

4. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

Last edited: Oct 23, 2004
  5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

YEP!

OOPS! you edited on me, LOL I want the menu to work as it normally would, only the entire movie on one disc. I'll use RB/CCE afterwards. :>)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

6. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

lol, too slow for my edit :(

old-hacks method is far easier to join that flipper whereas mine is more to join 2 completely different DVD's

if I ever joined a flipper I woiuld do it the hard way. I would append the 2nd movie to the first to create a single movie. I'd also add the 2nd side chapter selection menu into the VTS menu's. Finally adding a button to each menu to switch between the 2 chapter selection screens :)

sounds simple and probably is once you know how, especially if the original chapter menu's are stills :)

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Yep, that's what i want. A single movie with the menu as you described. Soooo, you would need a different method to do this. Is old hack's method just gonna put it on one disc with seperate movies and menus and chapters?

Thanx for the quick response BTW :>)

Also, I have quite a bit of experience menu authoring using DVDLab and Nero's NVE if that makes a difference.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][bold]GO VOLS![/bold].Dell Media4600,XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,1024MB,280HDw/8MB,17"flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated5.1 audio,HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn832S-DL[/small]

8. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I had originally intended to combine the movies on one disc and then use DVDLab to create my own menu. I could use part of the flipper disc to do this and the movie site for backgrounds, etc using the import feature. BUT, it wouldn't be the original menu from the movie, thus my interest in using Remake.

To have to go to the second part seperately would defeat my purpose, it would be like changing discs in the middle of the movie, hence no difference than using a flipper disc.

Does that make any sense, or am I making it more confusing? LOL

9. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

my reply is normally as quick as the email notification and whether I'm in the house at the time. Seeing as my monitor is in the living room (PC is in passage under stairs ;)) and I'm not out enjoying myself then I'm sure I will hear my Incredimail duck quacking so I come 'arunnin' :D

I know exactly what you mean. Are the chapter menu's stills or motion?

if they are stills then you could follow my guide to edit the image to add the chapter menu switch button and reinsert it back into DRM. Add a button to switch between menu's. This keeps the original highlights but won't highlight the new button :(. I can edit the subpic also so that the highlight also shows but it's quite complicated :(

I'm working on a tool to make this process a lot simpler so that I can keep the original highlights as sometimes they are not the simple block highlights but rather cool highlights

to use DVDLAB and not be bothered about highlights after you have edited the chapter image to include your switching button, first export the buttons from the DRM DVD. Create one hoooooooooooge button that covers the whole screen including your newly added button and export that, The hoooooge button will just ensure that the original buttons you saved will have highlights including the new button :)

I hope you follow as it sounds rather confusing (and I may have actually described it wrong :() but it's possible to do it and I'm pretty sure you are capable if you haven't already done something similar

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Yeah, the menu is just stills, it's a very simple menu with one trailer and cast member bios, that's about it.

That's why I could make my own and wouldn't be losing a whole lot, but there may be times in the future that the menu could be more complicated and i thought this one would be a good one to sink my teeth into and learn on.

I can actually make a pretty professional looking menu, I do it for VHS tapes I've converted to DVD or for DL files. But I would like to learn to keep an original menu when combining two discs(or flippers as this case is) and have a seamless movie.

Using RB/CCE you can now combine two discs now and not be concerened with quality loss. If it's too large for RB/CCE I also have Dual Layer burn capabilities and so this is something I need to learn.

Thanx for all your assistance :>)

11. krkdnose

krkdnose Member

I have the same question as gparmar.

He's not asking about joining two DVDs together, so I'm not sure why this discussion has gone off on this tangent.

I want to split a DVD9 into two DVD-Rs, with the main menu on both DVD-Rs.

When I have the first disc in and select something (on the menu) that's only on disc two, I want a "Insert Disc 2" screen to come up.

When I have the second disc in and select something (on the menu) that's only on disc one, I want a "Insert Disc 1" screen to come up.

Is there any way to do this?

Thanks for your help.

12. MackemX

MackemX Regular member

@gparmar, there's a few ways to split a DVD. I have DVDRemake which allows me to disable buttons that link to removed content but I can also replace the removed content with a graphic that tells me to insert DVD 2 :)

as I mentioned there are other ways but you may not be able to disbale buttons or insert a swap disc graphic :)