1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Menu help w/ Nero Vision, DVDLab, or others (oh god please!)

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by pavement, Mar 4, 2005.

1. pavement

pavement Member

I would very much appreciate some help with authoring my own dvdd...all I really want to is use menu images I've photoshopped, song files to go with the menus, VTS files burned from DVDShrink, and then:

A) Use Nero Vision Express to create the 'simple' dvds (the ones with only a menu and one movie (or VTS) file.

B) Use another program to create menus (with sound) that point to multiple VTS files (movie, trailer, extras).

My problems are:

1) Nero Vision Express will do everything fine up to the burning point, then creates coasters ('Failed to create disc structure successfully!') With VCDs, I could at least create discs with sound menus that would only fail to play the main movie. Now it won't even pass the burn stage on dvd. I figured maybe it was because dvds can't play the MP3 files used in the menus, but it had this same problem burning dvd files made from tv torrents.

2) DVDLab pro was graciously included with my new computer. This seems to be what I need, but I need help files for the help files! TempGENC (I think it's called) might work, but I need the menu to play the whole sound file, not just 20-30 seconds, so that's out. Ulead DVD Lab doesn't seem to support sound, or I cannot find or work it.

I'm willing to learn to use new programs, but can't make any headway. Any help would be great! Thank you.

2. pavement

pavement Member

UPDATE!

I can only read the silence on this post as confirmation that many other people are having similar problems, and thus, no answers!

But, as a little update: Nero Vision Express 3 finally almost worked after four long attempts...it burned my menu and a much crappier quality movie from the dvdshrinked-files,*but* it left the gd subtitles out.

Any help would still be greatly appreciated. Thanks...