1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Menu Music for VCDs

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Mattroid, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Mattroid

Mattroid Member

I have a few different programs to author VCDs: Nero, Sonic My DVD, and VCDEasy. I like the ease and simplicity of using Nero, but I had some problems using it sometimes.

Sonic was nice because it was a bit more customizable and I like how I can make background music for the menus. However, it always crashes when trying to make thumbnails for the chapters.

VCDEasy seems great. I had to use some to tutorials to figure it all out, but I really like all the options I have with it.

The thing is, I REALLY like the option of being able to add menu music, but I don't see a way to do this in VCDEasy unless I figure an easy way to make an actual mpg file (with the audio) to use as the menu instead of just a "still" image. I'm asuming that's what Sonic does in reality (just takes the image and the audio clip and converts both to one video file).

If that's the case, can someone tell me how to do this? Or does anyone know any other good programs that will allow me to do what I want?

Thanx :)

2. Mattroid

Mattroid Member

It's funny how you can sit and think and think about how to do something and not be able to figure it out until you either say the problem out loud or write it out. As I wrote that last post, I thought of a way to do it and it worked.

All I did was go into TMPGEnc and create a mpg file from the jpg I wanted to use as the menu image (inlcuding chapter thumbnails, titles, etc) and used a wav file for the audio source.

This created a handy little mpg file which I now have set as the menu for my VCD. It's set on an infinate loop and you have to press a # to continue on to one of the chapters.

Not sure why it too kme so long to figure that one out :p

Live and learn, I suppose...