1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Menus Don't Highlight

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by 1hos, Jan 14, 2007.

1. 1hos

1hos Member

Good day all, (I've truly enjoyed the lurking these last few weeks)

For some reason my Nero 7's Nerovision 4 menus rarely work on the TV's DVD player. I only have 6 chapters on my DVD-R home movie that I made and burned successfully. I've tried the various Nero menu options: 3-D, a very simple 2 button menu, and the new "Smart 3D" template with 6 chapters in the menu. I colored the "interaction colors" so it should show a different color when the menu is highlighted.

The disk itself burns successfully and plays fine with music, etc. I sent this issue off to the Nero support black hole but I wait...

I know it's not a big issue but any help would be appreciated. It's no fun watching disks on a TV and new DVD player (that supports DVD-R) but having to play "menu Russian roulette" since I can't tell what menu button is going to play next unless I start from the beginning. It's probably just a bug in Nero (I'm using the latest Nov. update)

I'd appreciate any help!

2. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

Last edited: Jan 15, 2007
  3. 1hos

1hos Member

Thanks for the tip Saltgrass. That was the perfect thread although I'm unsure why anyone would want to save a video file in a lessor resolution for I prefer to have D1 resolution not "half D1."

Why would that change the ability for a simple menu to be able to highlighted anyway? I'm not disagreeing that it helped just strange but then again I'm still learning about authoring so I'm sure the answer is staring right back at me while I ignorantly look past it, lol.

Thanks again for the assistance. I guess I'll just only have one menu to start the movie since the chapters don't highlight and people can skip forward to the part they want to see.

4. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Regular member

I think the resolution being used was because the original file was in that resolution.

If the D1 option isn't your problem, your menus should highlight. Do you think it has something to do with your Set Top DVD player? Do the menus highlight when you simulate them in NV4?

I just did one with one title and 4 chapters, and the only buttons that came up were the chapter buttons--no main title button was created, so I assume that is what you have. I only burned it to an image, but it plays fine on the computer, so hopefully yours does also.

Have you tried reversing the highlight and activation colors to make sure you are seeing the correct values?

5. 1hos

1hos Member

Thanks again. Very creative answers. I don't know what happened but I burned yet another disk using mostly "automatic" settings and it works fine now. I'll do some more trial and error to see what settings I can put back to narrow down the offending setting but it works!

Thanks and God Bless.