1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

menus with new decryption

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Berkner80, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Berkner80

Berkner80 Regular member

With the new decryption, I know you can backup a movie when you choose movie only using DVDshrink. Is there any way to backup a movie with this new decryption and have menus. I have backup "The Grudge" movie only but was wanting menus maybe on other movies with this decryption?
    I am experienced with DVDshrink using full movie and movie only modes. I have searched but could not find anything dealing with menus on this matter.
    Thanks

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You need to download DVD Decrypter and rip the files to your hard drive to rid of the new copy protection on the newer DVDs. Then load the files into DVDShrink and backup.

Or use the program I use and alot others use below

Download AnyDVD it is a 21 day trial program $30 to buy after the 21 days is up but as far as I know it will get around any copy protection DVDs out there. All you have to do with AnyDVD is let it run in the background.

Then open up DVD Shrink and do a full backup that will do the menus and all.

Below is the link to AnyDVD

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

Last edited: Feb 25, 2005
  3. Berkner80

Berkner80 Regular member

I think I got it to work with menus using DVDdecrypter to rip dvd and then using DVDshrink to backup. Did not use AnyDVD and it seem to work fine.

4. madgreek

madgreek Guest

The way I do it is let anydvd run in the backround. then use dvdshrink and it will get rid of all encryptions.

5. sunup

sunup Regular member

Ive been on this forum for some time now. Am I reading this corectly, The new encryption(s) are in the menus? Yesterday I Copied the Grudge using decrypter shrink and then nero. Is that only because I didnt keep the menus?

6. edexley

edexley Member

I have had the same problem with the newly released Lost in Space season 2. When I left the menus intact on the backup, the backup discs would not play. But when I just burned the episodes, the backups would play. This is kind of a drag for a multi-episode DVD. I normally don't care if I have menus or not, but they are very convenient to have when you have a couple episodes per backup disc to select from, and would rather not push the advance button 12 times to get to the second episode.

What's especially freaky is that on my first burn I also left on the FBI and Interpol warning screens, and the DVD player would actually turn off just after showing those! See http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/166352 for my full story, if interested. This has got to be some kind of new copy protection.