1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mercenaries back up

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by breach, Jan 17, 2005.

1. breach

breach Member

I am trying to back up Mercenaries. It reads and then writes fine. When I put it in. It goes through a few differant screens and then when it starts downloading at one point. It goes no further. Can someone give me some advise. Has anyone else had a problem?

2. homie3368

homie3368 Member

what media r u using???? and how r u burning it....

3. acebailey

acebailey Regular member

There is a patch for this game look down and you will see a huge post on this with instructions and a patch. I'm trying to find out if you need this patch with a no swap messiah chip. I know for sure with the flip top or swap magic you need the patch :)

4. breach

breach Member

I am using sony and or tdk dvd-r's. I have backed up many games. I use dvd decrypter. And I use swap magic and the slide card. How do I use a patch. How do I burn it to the back up? Have not had to use a patch before. Don't quite understand that. Thanks for the help.

5. homie3368

homie3368 Member

there is a patch that you have to run after you have made the iso with decrytpter. load the patch in the same file that you have the iso in. then run the patch.. it should take like a half an hour to finish. you should have the same iso made by the patch. thats it. oh very important. the original iso has to be renamed to ptc-merc or else the patch will not work..

6. breach

breach Member

where do I get the patch. Can you provide link?

7. phoenix2

phoenix2 Member

8. breach

breach Member

Thanks. As I am new to the patch thing. I have backed up the game to an iso file on my hard drive and then I have the seperate mds file also (which I click on when I get ready to bak up on a blank dvd-r. So what do I do after I download the patch? Can someone give me a step by step. I have never done the patch before. Just don't need anymore coaster's. Thanks so much for everyone's help.

9. OmniHK

OmniHK Member

Read the other thread... all the answers are in there.

Its titled simply 'Mercenaries'