1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mercenaries-Please Help- yes i have read the other posts

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by steimy, Jan 16, 2005.

1. steimy

steimy Active member

Ok, i have read all of the threads on this but somehow i am still getting it wrong. Whe using the patch i can not get it to creat the correct ISO file, the one it creates is only 528KB size no matter how many times i have run the patch? what could be wrong?

I also have the other tutorial about using the CDVDGEN program, but it confuses the hell out of me. I used DVD Decrypter to read the original and copy to a folder, like you normally would when backing up. I then extracted all of the files in the ISO (created by DVD Decrypter)to a seperate folder. But after that i just get lost with the ISOBuster & CDVDGEN part of it.
    Like when i use ISOBuster to extract the files to the folder o created on the hard drive, since i already extracted files there from the original ISO, should i overwrite those? Also when i get to the draging into CDVDGEN part it gives me all kinds of errors, it will only let me drag over two folders, not all of the files. Can anyone simplify all of these steps, like a morons guide to burning this game or how to use the patch correctly? I am pulling my hair out.

2. homie3368

homie3368 Member

rename original iso file ptc-merc. thats the only way the patch will work. then wait like a half an hour for it to make another iso image. it should be the same as the first image....

3. Memnock

Memnock Active member

The CD Gen explained simple is ISO Buster tells you the order the files need to been in. So you need to have the CD Gen Program window open along with ISO Buster and the folder with the extacted files open at the same time. Drag the files from the folder into CD Gen in the order they are in ISO buster. It took me a while to get that.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

Got it, thanks. I took the renaming the file stuff too literally. Everyone says rename it ptc-merc.
    It should just be ptc-merc with no period on the end.
    admins can delete this thrtead now if you want.

5. tonito

tonito Guest

yo menoc whr didi u get a working version of the cd gen cause i cant fnd one?

6. Memnock

Memnock Active member

I ripped it from a blockbuster game. $19.99 a month for a one game at a time game pass. I've seen a it on the newsgroups too.