1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mercenaries problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Rusty2, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Rusty2

Rusty2 Member

okay, now don't bite my head off people, i did search the forum for this and all of what i found i couldn't understand, mostly because people may have been getting the same problem but using different methods.

okay, here it goes...
    i ripped the game with DVD Decryptor, and then i burned it to a Teon DVD+R (this brand hasn't failed for me yet, except with Mercenaries). I loaded it with Swap Magic DVD version 2.0 on my V7 ps2 and on the insert game screen, where i use my slide card, after i put it in, the outside line turned green then quickly flashed to blue and started to load. Now heres where i had several problems...the first time it froze on the ESRB rating screen. i tried again and then it made it past the Mercenaries title screen and froze at the screen with the Lucas Arts symbol. I tried it again and it got all the way to the loading screen where it is like telling you what the mercenaries is about or something and then it froze. and then every other time i tried it after that, it always froze on the Lucas Arts screen.

now, when i searched the forums, there was this guy saying something about isobuster and remake/rebuild iso file, and when i ripped this game all i got was a MDS file, a I00 file and a I01 file, not an iso file. plus, all the links he gave me, it said that the page cannot be displayed. i don't know what to do to burn this game. please help!!!!

2. Rusty2

Rusty2 Member

hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. jaydeeX3

jaydeeX3 Guest

i have the same problem with mercenaries freezing at the loading screen, and I use swap magic 3.3, and to be honest i need some help with this one too, so if anybody can give some input on how to correct this problem it wpould be appreciated.thanx

ps2 scph-50001 flip top, swap magic 3.3

4. williej

williej Regular member

I recommend using HDAdvance 2.0. You need to have a 40gb HD (you will need the old skool PS2), a network adapter and a copy of HDAdvance 2.0. You can download a copy onto the HDD and just play it off of it. It's a lot easier not having to swap DVDs. And my copy plays flawlessly.

5. Rusty2

Rusty2 Member

well tell ya what, when i get some money, about a hundred bucks, and a place where i can buy that, ill do that, NOT. i just want to know how to burn the freakin game and then play it using the swap disc slide card method, okay!