1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mercenaries want back up

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by maxima01, Jan 15, 2005.

1. maxima01

maxima01 Guest

I have read all of the other replies regarding mercenaries inability to back-up without reorganizing some files. Would some one please give me step by step information on how to back-up my game. I am using a Sony 510 DVD RW, Windows XP, DVD Decrypter, and Record Now. I down loaded that Iso buster program and the RAR. Please give me step by step instructions and may god bless you. I have extracted all the files of mercenary into a folder but no iso. when i try to burn the files to a disc they will not organize in order as directed. I downloaded the patch. How do I put all of this together and make an iso out of those files with the patch? What program do I need? How many other games are screwed like this? I know I am a dumbass so please help me.

2. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

I would start over just using dvd decrypter
    Its all i use and has not failed me once.

Here is your step-by-step procedure

Use Quality Media I use
    Verbatim dvd+r 8x 100 pack ( 24.99 )
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002IQ1I0/slickdeals/104-0984492-0108766

BURN AT NO MORE THAN 2X (RECOMMEND 1x)

1. Take the ps2 game put it in the dvd rom or dvd burner, your choice.

2. open the dvd decryptor program then go to to tool bar and hit MODE>ISO>READ. Then choose the correct dvd drive that the game is in as the "source". Also choose where you want the files to be stored on the pc hdd. THEN CLICK DECRYPT , or the huge graphical picture at the bottom of the program which makes it run. The game is now copying to your HDD. Take the game out when finished (it might take a while).

3. Go to the same tab in dvd decryptor and choose MODE>ISO>WRITE. This will then let you look for the files you just created in step 2. Select the file that you just created. (There is only 2 files creadted so pick the .mds) (The smaller file)Then click WRITE, make sure there is blank DVD in the drive.

The following list is in preference order. The best discs are near the top of the list. The discs at
    the bottom of the list are suitable only for a landfill.

Almost flawless burns with 95-100% reliable results:
    PVC = Pioneer = (-R)(-RW)
    MXLRG01, MXLRG02 = Maxell = (-R) ... be aware of unbranded fakes
    MCC = Mitsubishi Chemicals = (-R)<-----------------VERBATIM MY CHOICE #1
    TDKG02 = TDK Corp = (-R) ... be aware of unbranded fakes
    TAIYOYUDEN or YUDEN = Taiyo Yuden = (-R)<--------------FUJIFILM (made in japan) MY CHOICE #2

Decent discs, though not perfect, about 85-95%
    success rate:

RICOHJPN = Ritek or Ricoh = (+R)
    SONYD04 = Sony = (-R) ... be aware of unbranded fakes
    RITEKG04 = Ritek = (-R)
    RITEKG03 = Ritek = (-R)
    OPTODISC = Optodisc = (-R)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2005
  3. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Read the first page of the big thread on Mercenaries and follow the given link to get the 2 other programs and a full tutorial on exactly what to do to prepare and create your .iso file

4. maxima01

maxima01 Guest

Mercenaries will not burn like regular Ps2 games, The first page gives alot of mumbo jumbo of garbage on it. There several different people are stating their opinions and does not describe in detail or order on what in the hek to do please someone advice. Step by step Thanks

5. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

6. sghost

sghost Member

yea im having problem backing up mercenaries iused alcohol and everything if you guys come up with something please letme know ok please