1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mercenaries Works But....

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by vinceps2, Jan 20, 2005.

1. vinceps2

vinceps2 Member

I have a ps2 v11, flip-top, with SM 3.3 Like most people when I first tried to back up mercenaries, it got stuck at a loading screen. After following the early tutorial in the big mercenaries thread, the game works but at a cost. I have quite a few of ps2 game backups and they run smooth, little to no noise.

But when I run mercenaries, my ps2 makes a lot of clicking noises as if the ps2 is struggling to read the disc, but it still runs ok. Has anyone had this problem, and would the noise be fixed if I tried the new protocol patch?

Thanks

Last edited: Jan 20, 2005
  2. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

yep , my copy makes clicking noises too , rebuild the iso also , didnt use the patch ...what media did u use ?? i used platinum dvd+r 8x

3. vinceps2

vinceps2 Member

I use Ridata 4x, I love this media. I was wondering if I should reburn it using the patch, can anyone who has used the patch tell me if their backup clicks a lot.

I'm just afraid it is damaging my lens or something, and it is quite annoying to hear.

4. showan

showan Regular member

I tried making a backup of this game as well. On one of my PS2s I use the slide card with the SM3.3 disk and it seems to work without problems but the same disc will not load on my other PS2 that is a clear flip top case. I get the same problems as mentioned above (clicking and hanging at the loading screen). I used a TDK DVD+R at 4x. Is the PS2 capable of reading DVD+R discs? All my backups before this were on DVD-R.

I saw a patch on the swapmagicfix.com site. It was CogSwapLoader_v1.0 what the hell does that mean? and would the patch fix the problem?

5. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member