1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

merge 2 titles

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by PJAYONER, Feb 2, 2005.

1. PJAYONER

PJAYONER Guest

hi all i have a dvd with 2 titles on it but it is only one movie it is like the movie was split into two parts then put one the dvd
    the reason i want to merge them is because when you get up to chapter 6 you cant just skip to the next chapter
    you have to fast fowared to the next title and then the chapters start at one again its like the frist half of the movie is title 1 chapters 1-6 then second part is title 2 chaptes 1-4
    hope i explained it ok any help please

2. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

ok, i will shoot for your dvd is a normal dvd structure of vob/ifo/bups

ok, rename all the vobs in sequence from 1 to say 10

VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB

and so on.........

then load IFOEDIT v96 (stable)and click the button CREATE IFO, now use the same destination folder as the vobs! it will create the ifo/bup set for your vobs!

than burn with your desired app!

enjoy

3. PJAYONER

PJAYONER Guest

thanx i will give it a try

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

forgot

remove old ifo / bups!!!!

5. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

I've never used ifoedit before, but I'd like to know how to do this in detail. I tried, and failed. Here's what I did.

I renumbered my VOB files as suggested (I added some zeros to titles 1-9 because I had 13.)

VTS_01_01, VTS_01_02, ... VTS_01_13

I opened IFOedit v96 and hit the "CREATE IFOs" button.
    In the dialog box, I kept the options as they were, to "Create 1 PGC Only" and "Create Chapters for each Cell."

For the Output Stream I wasn't sure what the "1st VOB of Title-Set" was so I chose VTS_01_01.VOB since it's the first chapter. I think this may have been where I went wrong.

For the destination folder I checked the box for "Same as Source".

After that, I click OK and it tells me "Could Not Find any VOB Unit in VOB file(s)!", so that's as far as I've gotten.

Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong? Like I said, I've never used the program before so it could be something really simple.

6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi there

from whats wrote you are spot on! so something isnt right maybe with the vob layout? but what is this you did?

i quote! "I renumbered my VOB files as suggested [bold](I added some zeros to titles 1-9 because I had 13.)[/bold]"

VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB

and so on.........

VTS_01_11.VOB
    VTS_01_12.VOB
    VTS_01_13.VOB

(((MAKE SURE ALL RENAMED VOBS ARE IN THE SAME FOLDER!!!)))

where did you put naughts in? that maybe your problem!

but if it still wont make ifo/bups, use the app DVD2one it has a jion feature! the latest v152 load the 2 folders of files from your HARD DRIVE! then click go! just make an empty 3rd folder ready to jion the 2 full folders of info together.

so for this dvd2one to work you need 2 folders with 2 lots of ifo/bup/vobs in each one?

sorry not gone this route with dvd2one yet, so its all new...

Last edited: Feb 6, 2005
  7. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

took out the zeros and it worked fine, got ifo/bup files.

Now Nero won't let me add the VOBs for ch.10-13 they look like this:

VTS_01_10.VOB
    VTS_01_11.VOB
    VTS_01_12.VOB
    VTS_01_13.VOB

Must think they're invalid, they list acceptable file names -- I don't get it though. I took out the old ifo/bups before I created the new ones so's to not get them confused, do you think that messed anything up.

took a quick look at DVD2one site. Not sure if demo version would cut it. Don't want to shell out $35 bucks.

8. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

oh yeah, and all vobs are/were in the same folder

9. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

load your folder full of bup/ifo/vobs to dvd shrink, burn with nero, set shrink to use nero engine after shrinking...

10. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

fails to open file ...VTS_01_9.VOB

11. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

not sure? you could try loading to dvd2one? or maybe ifoedit could correct the bad part, not sure what button to click though?

um? try loading to ifoedit, use button OPEN see what it does?

once loaded click the button DISC IMAGE!!!! it will correct the vobs/ifo etc !!!!!!!!!!

or

also click VOB EXTRAS !!! it will correct vobs!

then load to shrink!!

12. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Whenever I've merged DVD VOB files I used DVD2One 1.51 in 'join mode' just point source at first half of movie
    [ie; the folder the VOBs of 1st disc are in , cos we rip the 2 discs to different folders].
    Then when you've selected 'join mode' you carry on thru dvd2one selections as you normally would , like checking audio selections etc ... but towards 3rd or 4th option page is 'join' and here you select the 2nd disc folder as 2nd source.

By the way I normally do this without menus , so just rip main movie VOBs & title set IFOs ... no need for other IFO or BUPS as DVD2One will generate them.

well there's my two-pennies worth :c)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  13. ashroy01

ashroy01 Regular member

(ready to give up)
    only have one folder, tried splitting to two, didn't work for some reason, errors with dvd2one

can't even remember how my vobs were originally numbered -- when you've got thirteen different titles how do the vobs go

vts_01_0?
    vts_02_0?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005