1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merge and Burn PS2 DVD

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by alpedone, Jan 13, 2005.

1. alpedone

alpedone Member

Pleaz ... what i need to burn a PS2 DVD?????

I have some files splitted but I cannot merge 'cause when I do this the final file (without .iso extension) was not recognized from any Burnin Software (Alcohol, ecc... ecc...)

From rar file I extract:
    file.001
    file.002
    file.057

I try Master Splitter but when I join these file I have a single 4GB file without extension. No burning software recognize this file as .iso ...

Thanx

2. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Are the 'file.xxx' files still rar files as well? Do you have to unrar the files that came from the main rar file?

3. alpedone

alpedone Member

No, they're not rar file ...

The original rar file contains 57 files with extension 001 - 057 but they're not other rar files ... they're MasterSplitter or Jsplit or SVF file ...

4. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Sorry to be persistent on this, but have you actually tried to unzip these files with WinRar anyways? That scenario just seems like that is what you would need to do.
    Anyways, just trying to help.

5. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  6. Than924

Than924 Member

Usually with xx.001 you can open it from the winrar console. It's not a file extension that was registered to winrar in windows, so you need to either open winrar and open the xx.001 or dbl click on the file, then when it asks what program you want to open the xx.001 file with, select winrar.
    Winrar is pretty much free with a small nag screen so make sure you always use the latest version.

7. raguel9

raguel9 Member

I am also having this problem, its for Guitar Freaks 4, it started as a RAR, just one file, then I opened that into xx.01-xx.54 or somewhere aorund there, a lot of files, if I opened that in Winrar, I get a xxx.gi file. I can't get it to burn on DVD, it not for CD, the file is too big. I've tried MagicISO, A120%. Even change the files types of the first rar and last file .gi, to ISO seeing if it would help. I have no idea how to burn this. I hope this in info has helped. Thanks again.