1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merge multiple titles into one MP4?

Discussion in 'Convert video to another format' started by Milew23, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Milew23

Milew23 Newbie

I am running DVDfab 9.1.6.6 and when I insert a dvd and use the ripper (for one Icannot find AVI to convert to) it breaks the dvd into 5 titles, which then exports 5 separate MP4 vids. Is there a way to simply rip the entire DVD into one MP4 file?

Thanks!

2. Mez

Mez Active member

I find 9.x a pain so I will stayed with 8.x until I can't backup something.

I almost always use the DVD video mode which usually have at least 3 main files due to a size limit of about 1 G. When I did use the small videos I think I used avi and not mp4. They were always 1 file. You sound like maybe you are a bit confused since you were starting out making avi but got mp4s instead.

What are you really trying to do? Once we know, I am sure someone will help you. The problem with all of us is we have a preconceived idea how something we do not understand should work. We ask for help to solve the problem as we would solve it. Much better to state what you want to do.

3. Milew23

Milew23 Newbie

I have 2 dvds from work that they would like me to place onto our share folder, as one video per dvd. I Wasn't starting making an AVI, I just didn't see an option to convert it to AVI (but that isn't the problem) When I put in the dvd 4 titles come up and it rips them into 4 separate files. I'd like it as one file, as it looks when you put in the real DVD

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

That's because of how they are on the dvd,if you look at dvdfabs window it won't show one long video followed by 4 titles,in a normal retail movie dvd lets say star wars clone wars,it will have x amount of titles
    title 1- 1gb 1hr
    title 2-500mb 15min
    title 3-500mb 15min
    etc,etc

as you see above the longest is all combined into 1 long video,yours apparently isn't it would seem (yours only has 4 separated titles) ,attar would have a better idea of how to merge the only issue i'd be concerned with is audio/video sync when combining,only other option is check at video help.com for any tuts

mkv containers can store menu's not that i've tried you may be able to compress the whole dvd video with it's menu to mkv

yeah apart from that can't help out much

5. attar

attar Senior member

You're saying that these five videos should in fact be part of a single title and now you wish to join them together into one file?
    I think the likes of AviDemux could do that.
    Load the first file, append the rest one at a time.
    Set the output format to MP4 and save.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/audio_video/video_tools/avidemux.cfm

Milew23 likes this.
  6. Milew23

Milew23 Newbie

I think what I am saying is, when you open the actual dvd, there are 4-5 titles you can choose fro the screen. I'd like to simply rip it to open just like the dvd, as you would if it were an ISO, but in MP4. Like open the mp4 and it look like the dvd. Is that possible? This is what I see. And if I check all of them, it just seperates them out.

Attached Files:

7. Milew23

Milew23 Newbie

Ok, I was able to merge all with the avidemux but it wouldn't load one (which was credits I think). So, there isn't a way to do that in DVDfab?

8. attar

attar Senior member

I don't know of any way DVDFab will merge titles.
    No obvious reason why AviDemux couldn't join that 14 second clip as they all get converted to the same resolution and audio - perhaps the 14 second clip had no audio and thus was not identical to the others.
    If that was the case and you must have it appended to the Titles you could create a silent aac track and merge it to the video then append it.

9. Mez

Mez Active member

Mile you are still confused. A DVD disk holds many files. The size limit of a VOB (video object files for a DVD are a little over 1 g. The std professional DVD is almost 10 g so there are at least a half dozen video files plus information and pointer files

10. Mez

Mez Active member

Well, somehow the bottom half of my post was lost.

This is what was lost.

A suggestion...
    Try creating a DVD disk with dvdfab and then create image file (ISO) with image burn. You can do this because the encryption is gone. Then download a free virtual CD ROM. You can mount the image in your virtual drive. Your OS will treat the image as a disk in a DVD drive. You can play it with your favorite player. Most movies on DVD have dozens to files, there arre the movie files, the menu files and each trailer or extra is a file and each requires a pointer file that guides the player so it can find the video. You would see that if you used file explorer and checked out the CD. This way you only have one file per disk as you wanted. This is as fool proof as the process can be.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  11. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

@Milew23 what are you trying to????????that's what i'm having trouble understanding???

if you have 4 or 5 mp4 files you can just burn it as a data disc and 1 should play after the others provided the player has mp4 playerback, same thing can be made as an iso if you use an old version dvdflick and burnt as a dvd .
    imgburn should also be able to create an iso . they have a guide at there website on how to do it i havn't tried.
    im sure there is a whole range of products that can do it.

last time i used dvd fab was version 6 i think and it ripped the main movie as an avi it didn't rip the extras and trailer and junk cause i didn't want it to and the whole movie came out as 1 avi file (.I have also used option dvd to dvd and that copied the whole movie same as the original with about 8% compression to fit on a dvd ,also leaves behind an iso disc image file).

i've joined files using windows movie maker due to high compression the final file didn't come out that great.

ive been given 2gb iso files and used daemon tools lite to mount and they did play back fine pretty much same as the original.Your method would actually work.

12. Mez

Mez Active member

That is how I watch movies on my home office computer. Most of my movies are now on hard disks. I have kids old enough to know better that don't put them back where they belong and abuse disks. I can find then much easier on a HD than locating the DVD disk. They are cataloged since they are on a few disks. They are 95% of the single layer limit. I do that because if you burn them to disk it leaves a tiny ring around the out side. It is easier to determine by eye-ball if there is something burned to the disk.

Z is a permanent virtual drive.