1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merging short DVD's?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by h121, Mar 23, 2005.

1. h121

h121 Member

Hello,

I've got a documentary series with 13 episodes, thats spread on 13 DVD discs, one per episode. I'd like to backup the series, but I don't want to burn 13 discs, especially since the episodes are quite short (45 minutes or so), so the discs would have lots of unused space on them.

My question is how do I go about copying the series so that I get 2-3 episodes per disc? I don't care about menus and such. What tools do I need? What do I need to do with each? Please be spesific as I'm a newbie :)

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

All you need is DVD Shrink..

Check out the guide at my website <Join two movies using Shrink> and you will be good to go. Of course you can add more than two together but the guide just shows 2 movies being joined you just have to keep adding until you are done. Link is in my signature.

3. h121

h121 Member

So DVD Shrink can do it after all :) I've used it before to create full backups, and reauthor copies, but I guess I wasn't aware of its full potential. A great piece of software...

Thanks for the tip!

4. dimad

dimad Regular member

5. ajcook

ajcook Member

I've found info on how to combine multiple dvd's to one, but not how to combine parts of mutliple dvd's to one. What I want to do is take the highlights of the 2disc Crossroads Guitar Festival dvd set and make my own dvd. I don't want the entire main feature of either disc, or any of the special features. Just want to extract specific chapters(the Clapton, ZZ Top and Joe Walsh parts, plus whatever else will fit with no or little compression) from each disc with one of the audio streams and make my own Crossroads dvd-r. I don't care about keeping menus intact, but would like to be able to select each chapter from the main menu and label them.

Even more, to make things look better, I'd love to be able to add fade in/outs to some of the chapters to make the transitions look more proffesional. I haven't found a guide for this specific process. Can anyone help me out, or is this too ambitious?

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Again you can use Shrink for this as well :)
    Just use the start end frames button to get all the parts you want one at a time, and then combine all those parts into one

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2005
  7. guinnyss

guinnyss Guest

i have 2 video file from a movie i ripped with DvdDecrypter (main movies only) do yo uknow what i can use to join them together so it can me one movies file only. (i watch it on my computer)

8. ajcook

ajcook Member

Thanks for the help. I've done it, though I ended up with no menu. I burnt sections of two dvd's perfectly to one disc. When I put it in, it plays automatically. Pre-existing chapter stops are there, and I can chapter skip forward and backward through them. I burnt the sections as 7 separate titles. I thought that there would be some generic looking dvd menu that would just list titles 1-7 so that I could access them from a menu. But when I press the menu or top menu button on my remote, I get a signal like when the menu is disabled. How do I go about adding a menu structure?

9. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

You can use Nero Vision Express for that, but you can skip to each title by pressing the "Title" button on your DVD remote. :)

10. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

LMAO!! Damn..leave it to bbmayo to use graphics to make things seem so easy!

Had to bookmark this page, because it had pictures on it!

Thanks!

;P