1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merging two DVDs to one

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Ray_D_O, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Ray_D_O

Ray_D_O Member

OK... I've read multiple forums about joining two Titlesets to one... you can use shrink, but then it's two seperate titles and there's a pause in between while your standalone switches titlesets... I tried DVD2ONE with join mode and it works great except with one major flaw: when the movie plays on my standalone (right where the merge took place) it gets "jumpy"... only in that spot. I've heard of a program called dvd remake (I think that's it) that might do this better... any input would be appreciated.

2. vurbal

vurbal Administrator Staff Member

Yes, DVDReMake can do that for you (specifically you need to use the Pro version which is a few $ more). You could do it as simply as making movie-only backups of both discs (with DVD Shrink or other software) and then adding the chapters from disc 2 to the end of the chapters on disc 1. If you wanted to do something fancier like keeping and combining chapter menus that's possible as well (but not necessarily something I'd recommend for somebody new to the program).

Now is probably a good time to buy the program since it's on sale for the Christmas season (20% off right now). You can also download a trial version to try it out. The trial won't actually create the new disc for you, but you can at least make sure you're comfortable using it before you shell out your hard earned cash.

Here's a link to Afterdawn's page for DVDReMake Pro: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd-r_tools/dvdremake_pro.cfm
    Look on the right side of that page for a link to the software's homepage.

I'm pretty familiar with the software since I'm working on writing a manual for it right now (I'm not an employee of the company that makes it - Dimadsoft nor do I get any money from their software sales) so if you have any questions I'll try to help out where I can. Dimad (the software's author) also stops in here at AD when he has time and answers questions.

Since your question is more of a general one I'm going to move it out of the DVD2One forum.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2004