1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merging .Vob and .ifo etc.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Rudeboi, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Rudeboi

Rudeboi Member

hey....i have all these .vob and .bup and .ifo files and i want them to merge them...because when i use nero to burn...i cant only add one file/movie...because the other file names are the same and when i try to change them...it says it only accepts Video_Ts.Vob files and such...so i was wondering if i could merge all 5 file/videos together?

2. Rudeboi

Rudeboi Member

anyone? please help...

3. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

1) What do you want to burn, one movie, or several movie clips?

2) Which procedure in Nero did you use?

4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

few factors come into play here, size of each film! do you want to keep menus / extras?

are they from a ripped dvd?

what software was used to rip?

5. Rudeboi

Rudeboi Member

they are not movies...they are preformances...2-3 minute videos....the problem im having is that all 5 files with the same name...and im using nero to making dvd-video files and i can only put 1 preformance because the 4 other ones have the same name and when i try to rename then nero wont let me drag and drop them into the Video_TS folder.
    there is no menu/extra or anything...just downloaded video clips which i converted

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  6. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi
    ok here goes...

get all the vobs and rename them in sequence! and put in a separate folder on there own! NO IFO OR BUPS

eg:

VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    VTS_01_3.VOB
    VTS_01_4.VOB
    VTS_01_5.VOB
    VTS_01_6.VOB

then use ifoedit and click button called CREATE IFO and keep destination folder same as vobs...

load all files to a folder called VIDEO_TS and burn with nero on ADD-VIDEO tab (this setting nero make the folder for you!) just drop all files in and burn!

NOTE THEY WILL PLAY IN THAT ORDER YOU MAKE! one after the other!
    =====================================
    if a menu and chapter pionts are needed to link to each vob/clip then use TMPGenc and load the say 8 lots of files / clips to ADD_VIDEO button, make menu and burn! with same app!

use existing files not renamed ones for this!

also dvd shrink will allow you to put all clips in, clcik re-author and browse to each folder inturn and drag from right window to left window, then do second and third! and burn

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  7. Rudeboi

Rudeboi Member

hey rotary...thanks for that...i did what you said...but i am still having problems...when i use nero...i add all the .VOBS and the needed Video_ts.ifo and .bup file...but when i go to burn it...it tells me that it cannot reallocate the files...but i still continue to burn...and then when i put it in my dvd player...it says Play but then nothing plays...i made 2 coasters...i named the files the way you told me (VTS_01_1) and also i tried VTS_02_1...they both acted the same when i put it into the dvd player...any help?

editt // i figured out how to put my VTS_01_1 and such files...but i try to put my VTS_01_10 on and i cant...help me there please!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2005
  8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi just a thought here...

must make new ifo/bup with ifoedit useing the below way!

i have seen this on over say 5/6 vobs

VTS_01_1.VOB = 1
    VTS_01_2.VOB = 2
    VTS_01_3.VOB = 3
    VTS_01_4.VOB = 4
    VTS_01_5.VOB = 5
    VTS_01_6.VOB = 6

VTS_02_1.VOB = 7
    VTS_02_2.VOB = 8
    VTS_02_3.VOB = 9
    VTS_02_4.VOB = 10
    VTS_02_5.VOB = 11
    VTS_02_6.VOB = 12

let us know how it goes...

also if the above dont work, make sets of vobs in say 5 vobs ago and make the ifo/bup in ifoedit then say you have 6 folders of 5 vobs with there onw set of ifo / bup, you can then load each folder in dvd shrink to make the files into one whole set and burn with dvd decrypter! (set decrypter in shrink when you click backup!)

also if they load to shrink its a good way to test what you made!