1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Merging Vobs, and Maintaining Menu Functions

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by logmein, May 4, 2007.

1. logmein

logmein Guest

Hello everyone. I've searched far and wide, and I have been unable to come up with an answer to my problem. I have a collection of dvd's already shrunk, and stored on my hard drive. I'm using vobmerge to merge the various vobs into a single file, for better streaming from my hard drive, and for less file clutter.

Vobmerge works great for the actual merging. However, when the menus for these dvd's appear in the newly rendered, single vob file, they are displayed briefly, in fast forward, without the ability to be used as a regular menu would. They just go straight to the beginning of the dvd, after rushing through the menu screen.

My question is, is this an issue with the software, or is it even possible to merge various vob files into one vob, and have regular menu access?

If it is an issue with the software, is there anything else that I can use that will merge vobs from a single ripped dvd, and allow regular menu functioning?

I would appreciate anyone's help on this matter.

2. attar

attar Senior member

That program does not preserve the menu functions.
    If you use DVD Shrink and opt to un-check 'split vob' in the output file preferences, it will merge the main movie VOB's into a big file while leaving the rest of the files intact.
    That way you can still import them back to shrink and burn the DVD complete with menu.

3. logmein

logmein Guest

Thank you very much for your help!