1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Messed up DVD Drive! (Tray off rails)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by 705man, Mar 9, 2005.

1. 705man

705man Member

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

it should just slide right back in. You must have the white circular piece inserted in the fliptop correctly, and have to fliptop closed or else the game will come out.

3. 705man

705man Member

I could not slide it back in, is there a special way of doing so? One half is still on (as seen in pic 2), so the other can't get far enough to the end to slide. Is there a way of getting the left half off?

Sorry, I am a newb at this and am afraid i really messed things up.

Also, let me make sure that I have the white piece on right, the silver magnet goes on the top or the bottom (facing down on the CD). The instructions that came with my lid were crap.

Thanks!

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

on that white piece under the tray is a white peg, you have to line it up with the track under the right side of the tray. As for the white circular piece, the side with the indent has to face down so it can cover the dvd spindle (don't know if that made sense).

5. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

Unscrew the little metal bar thing that is on the dvd tray, then insert it into the back of the drive, make sure it fits in there before putting the screw back in to keep the metal bar thing on.

I've had my tray come off the track a couple of times and fixed it myself with little problem.

If you need more help send me a PM and I'll try to take some pics so I can show you what I mean.