1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Messed up ps2 backup's

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ChrisO89, Jan 14, 2005.

1. ChrisO89

ChrisO89 Member

I have a version 1 playstation 2, i don't have a modchip but i have a swap magic and slide card. When ever i burn a game it will load up...but that's it, it won't play it will like freeze. I use dvd decrypter or sometimes nero. I also use Memorex dvd-r 8x. Is something wrong with my burner, dvd-r's, or my playstation or should i burn with diffrent software.

Thanks

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

1. don't use memorex dvd-r
    2. don't use 8x media

try good 4x media like verbatim, sony, or ritek dvd-r media.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2005
  3. limits

limits Member

i have a problem with mine doing the same only it doesnt load at all "Not a Valide PS2 Disc" with swapmagic v 3.3 and a scph 500x (v11) ps2, i was using memorex dvd+r's and tried some maxell -r's, neither worked, im still guessing its bad media so im gonna order some prodisc's online and see if those do the trick :)

4. limits

limits Member

Oh and another thing, this new original ps2 (v11) doesnt load burned dvds like my old v7 did.. you can see the image come up showing the dvd in browser.. click it and you get "unable to read disc". I'm guessin the new laser doesnt like bad quality dvds..

5. Winning11

Winning11 Guest

i use memorex dvd-r 8x with no problem. Have u played backups before on ur ps2??

6. limits

limits Member

i've played them before but it was on a slimline ps"two" not too long ago, that same disk wont work on my 500x

7. limits

limits Member

btw, winning11.. i HAVE played the cd version games b4, so i know that swapmagic works here.. but this console doesnt play movie dvd-r's either so i think sony just made this laser shittier? =/