1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Messed up Wii

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Brianbman, Nov 18, 2007.

1. Brianbman

Brianbman Member

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007
  2. 5couse

5couse Member

Hi m8 firstly id say relax a bit lol There are 2 sets of solder points you can attach the chip to , first set are obvioulsy the pads, the second set are the legs of the drive chip (third set you need to dremel the chip a little to expose the connections but lets not get that far ) you say point 2 is screwed ?

look at the pic on there you can solder to the legs of the drive chip itself, its a bit more delicate but is still quite easy to do just file your soldering iron tip down to a point and tape the wire over the chip then take your time and solder the wire to the leg of the chip that you need.

If i showed you my first install on my own wii you would laugh as it was much worse than yours, BUT after i realised id screwed the first set of points i read and reread and tried again on the chip,ive since done 17 installs and all are good.

Patience m8 and test on an old sound card or something, if you still dont feel confident send it to an installer who will do it.

3. deano5t

deano5t Member

Yeah don't worry about it too much. Pin 3 got buggered up on my install so i just soldered the wire directly to the chip, it is a bit more awkward to do but if you take your time its relatively easy.

4. Brianbman

Brianbman Member

Actually it was point 3 and 5 And thank you all for the support. i was pretty worried that i was Screwed :(. So if i can fix it im going to send it to a professional. And Again Thank you for your replys and support. :)

5. Brianbman

Brianbman Member

Do you Guys know any wii modders in texas Also how do you know when your wiikey is broken
    Sorry About Double posting.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
  6. 5couse

5couse Member

Bit hard to tell if its broken as it just wont work which is also one of the signs of a bad install, sorry dont know any modders in texas as im in the UK but relax m8 your mii isnt broke any good modder would have that chip installed in no time.

7. Brianbman

Brianbman Member

Alright thanks alot 5couse :)