1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

messiah 2 clone help

Discussion in 'PS2' started by qd2dc, Jul 17, 2003.

1. qd2dc

qd2dc Guest

can someone tell me how to distinguish a real messiah 2 from a clone. pics would be great but just something that would allow me to tell the difference would be great aswell. i just recently bought a brand new v7 ps2 premodded with a messiah 2 (not pro) for $250, but i noticed that none of my backups will boot through the browser or on eject, only on reset. any help is appreciated.

2. telescope

telescope Regular member

Its surely fake
    Cause the messiah 2 pro boots backups from the browser screen

3. psx245

psx245 Regular member

not movies and psx backups.

4. qd2dc

qd2dc Guest

but i already said that the messiah i have isn't a pro just a regular messiah 2. any way to definetly tell the difference between the clone and original? thanks in advance. on a side note, i trust the installer enough to know he wouldn't lie, but maybe his supplier does.

5. qd2dc

qd2dc Guest

anyone?

6. L-deezy

L-deezy Member

I would think every one knows what a messiah 2 looks like so we can skip that because I am sure if you actually looked you would see. Externally though the only way to tell is that browser boot thing, and since your does not have it you do not have a messiah 2. Just to let you know, the only difference between the pro and a regular messiah 2 is the the pro works on all regions and the regular will only work on its specific region (Jap/NTSc/PAL). No this would not effect the browser boot so dont ask.

7. qd2dc

qd2dc Guest

ok thanks, so they do look different. i can't open mine up without voiding my warranty so i'll just get my money back. i guess i'll just get a magic 3.1 ps2 for $220. thanks everyone.

but to clarify do they look different, clone and original?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2003
  8. qd2dc

qd2dc Guest

anyone else?