1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Messiah 2 Pro & DVD Backup Probs

Discussion in 'PS2' started by smoky, Oct 27, 2003.

1. smoky

smoky Member

I am having a problem booting my PS2 DVD backup games. I had my V7 fitted with Messiah 2 Pro chip and I can boot my originals as well as backups of my PS1 games. I have tried everything to get my PS2 DVD backups to work but I just get the red screen saying to insert a PS1 or PS2 disc. I've tried different programs (Nero, Alocohol, DVD Decryptor, RecordNow), different media (Ritek & Verbatim)I even tried downloading a backup of a game I have in case I was messing up the rip somehow but still no joy. Any advice would be appreciated....

2. webwala

webwala Member

What method(s) are you using to create your backups? If you can play your PSOne backups (which you can't on a normal non-modified PS2) then it would not be a problem with your chip, more of a backup issue.

Site with backup tutorials that may help:

http://www.psx-paul.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

3. smoky

smoky Member

I'm using 1 to 1 backup onto DVD-R (not on-the-fly) I followed the Afterdawn tutorials exactly for Nero, Alcohol, RecordNow Max and DVD Decrypter. I read in the troubleshooting guide on the Messiah 2 site that if it boots PS1 backups but not PS2 then it could be a problem with the E or W wires, has anyone ever encountered this?