1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Messiah 2 Pro Mod Chip...How much? Better than Magic 3.x?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by LComplex, Jan 20, 2003.

1. LComplex

LComplex Member

I wonder how much should a Messiah 2 Pro modchip cost? And how much would the total cost with installation by a professional? Does it work just as the same as Magic 3.x modchips?
    I wanna get Messiah 2 Pro instead of Magic 3.x because there are too many clones of Magic modchips out there...dont wanna risk...
    I believe there's no clones for Messiah modchips right?
    Wiz_kid, I know u have a Messiah 2 modchip, please give a few words, thanks.

2. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I do not have messiah 2 I have messiah (i guess it's the first edition).
    It works great Never ever had any prob booting CD-r, DVD backup or EA protected games.
    I know the Messiah 2 is also a good chip, or even better. There is a function added to disable the Messiah 2 and mayby more...?!

To have the messiah installed by a proffesional...I paid € 200 (chip and installation).
    I have some info:
    http://www.thechipshop.org.uk/Messiah2_v7_Install.pdf

Last edited: Jan 20, 2003
  3. onimod

onimod Member

i just had the messiah 2 installed and the magic 3 chip yaken out the messiah 2 is so much better if you can get one installed do it.it will cost more but well worth it

4. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Onimod saw the light too and installed the messiah Ok it's messiah 2 but still ....

The messiah rules (forever) ..

5. jr_

jr_ Guest

onimod tell us how the Messiah 2 is better.
    What problems did you have with the Magic3 ?
    Freezing, Loading etc..
    Messiah 2 working flawless ? Please elaborate.

6. onimod

onimod Member

with the magic chip some of my games would not load there was freezing disc errors allsorts plus to load you had press the stanby and then when it was in press it again annoying not one stitch of bother with messiah2 everything works as should do.
    MESSIAH 2 RULEZ K

7. rlich8

rlich8 Member

Let me start off by saying that I was skeptical of opening up a $200 dollar machine and I was also skeptical of modchips in general.

A freind recently bought 2 chips, both Messiah 2's. He installed one in his PS2. He showed me what it did, and I thought it was pretty damn cool. Too bad he was going to sell the other chip to another freind. Well, the other freind backed out at the last second and the chip was offered to be installed on my PS2. Me being one not to make quick discisions, said I'd think it over for a night. I decided to go with the chip. He charged me $130 for both the chip and professional, yes professional, installation. I thought he was going to screw my PS2 up, but I was wrong.

The Messiah 2 chip is a dream come true for the PS2 pirate. Works like a charm. No flaws, really, this thing is flawless. I know it sounds hard to believe, but the chip really is flawless. Everything boots. PS1 & PS2 cd copies/rips and PS2 DVD copies and rips. I couldnt have asked for anything more in a chip that would save me money. This chip also has the ability to be switched off completely, so if a game has copywrite protection it will not detect the chip. I would highly reccomend buying a Messiah 2. You will be very satisfied. I give the chip an A++.

-=rlich=-