1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Messiah 2 Pro vs. Magic 3.1?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by laureen, Feb 4, 2003.

1. laureen

laureen Member

Hi,

I want to get a no boot modchip for my v7 PS2. I noticed from the message board that people have had some problems with the Magic 3.1. Has anyone ever had any problems with the Messiah 2 Pro? Also, I saw on one website (modchip.ca) that the Messiah 2 is a clone of an older version of Magic and doesn't work as well. Is this true? Can anyone recommend a website for getting Messiah 2 pro or Magic 3.1? Thanks!

2. augie101

augie101 Member

You can get both at gamegizmo.com. I have purchased from them 5 times and no problems. Get the Messiah 2 Pro.

3. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Last edited: Feb 5, 2003
  4. BIG_JOHN

BIG_JOHN Guest

I HAVE mixed comment from every one meesiah 2 pro better no magic 3.1 is better PLZ TELL ME BECUSE i have a store nere bye that only installs magics but it costs $180.00 U.S and magic 3.1 cost $45.00 U.S bur no were installs messiahs so what should i do

5. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

The messiah 2 pro is better. Take it from an installer. Although not that much better. It has browser support and a tad bit better booting sequence. The 3.1 is much cheaper though and works almost as good. You cant go wrong w/ either.

6. BIG_JOHN

BIG_JOHN Guest

ty for the advice

7. Mr.MCSE

Mr.MCSE Guest

Big John,
    Please work on your grammar a bit. I can't really understand the first message you posted.

8. Neosum

Neosum Member

Clarification on the Magic 3.1...

It's the installation that is causing the problems people are having, not the chip itself. The chip is excellent and when installed correctly will work efficiently.

9. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

where do you live big john?

10. state156

state156 Member

magic is better no contest

11. wesbc

wesbc Member

If you are going to say one is better then the other, then at least say so why. I'm somewhat new at this... have moded my orig PS before and now just looking into modding my PS2. The magic is what I'm currently considering as it's what I've read about the most... and installation seems to be easier with a clip to lessen the amount of sodering.

I have a V4, but not sure if it's gap or not... and hate to have to take it apart and put it back together just to take it apart again.

Would love to hear more constructive comments on this topic.

12. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

state156, have you ever fully tested a magic 3.1 to messiah 2? I have w/ all types of formats pal/jap/ntsc originals and back ups. Also DVD9 and the messiah bootd them all where the magic had a few problems. You should do some research before you make a judgement.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2003
  13. pookeye

pookeye Member

hello, i would suggest not using the clip., although it made it easier, but the clip causes more problems in the long run, example, if the ps2 was like bumped for half a second, the clip falls off the bios and causes a lot of problem, and at the end if u press the clip too hard on the bios the video goes out, meaning the bios chip got screwed, and in the long run, its definitely not worth it. trust me, just get the magic or messiah, they work fairly similar, magic is cheaper, messiah is more expensive, but u do get a little benefit, not that i know that much about it as i only have a magic 3. but after doing the magic 3 i was thinking i mind as well have gotten the messiah 2 and just suffered the same. (installing that is.) at any rate, i just dont want people getting the clip, its way worse in the long run, cause u will end up just tossing it, soo its like tossing 30 bucks. which is what i did, and man does that peeve me off.

14. BIG_JOHN

BIG_JOHN Guest

I got a magic 3.1 from both game gizmo and modchip.ca and i got istalling wire from modchip.ca and no wires from game gizmo.com also in game gizmo.com the modchip seal package (the silver thing) was cut open so it wasnt sealed. but modchip.ca modchip was sealed.

so that being said i have the game gizmo.com one right now and my freind has the modchip.ca one where do i get the wires to install with or was it suppos to have wirs and why wasent the chip sealed

15. pookeye

pookeye Member

well what u can do is go to radio shack, and go get kynar wires, its in various colors, and also u will need to get 2 bigger gauge wires, basically u can either find a broken cd-player, or broken any electronics and dank a wire from there, or u can get it at radio shack.