1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Messiah 2 Sleep mode problems

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Lexiticus, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Lexiticus

Lexiticus Member

I have a V7 (39010/N)And i just got a MEssiah 2 put into it..

Now almost everything works fine (CD-R backups, Real DVD and Real Cd games)

BUT when i try to put the chip into sleep mode (For ANY type of game)

It either gets a PS2 disc read error, or please insert PS2 disc, or it freezes while loading the game, and once while part way into loading the game.

IVe tried this with Socom 2, NHL 2004, and Tribes: Aerial Assault

To put it into sleep i hold down the power (when starting it up) for 4 seconds...
    NOW, can anayone help me out? / tell me what im doing wrong?

thanks

2. Jake2003

Jake2003 Regular member

I can't help you out to much but I know what you're talking about. I have a v6 ps2 with messiah2 and whenever I go into sleep mode the game always skips. I've spoken to other people too and they have the same problem only the best advice they could give was that the messiah 2 actually can't go into sleep mode, especially if it's to go online.

3. Lexiticus

Lexiticus Member

Well it obviously has a sleep mode, being thats what putting it into sleep is supposed to do.

I did try a movie, which didn't work normally. So i tried the holding power for 2 seconds, That worked but it skipped like you said

THEN while i was browsing online i found a new way to try it with the Messiah 2 Pro (Since im not sure what version mine was i tried anyway)

IT is holding the EJECT button down for at least 4 seconds, from standby mode, then just closing the tray

NOW this worked for my DVD movie
    BUT has yet to work for a DNS game (a real version not a backup) (it doesn't skip BUT DNAS refuses to work still)