1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Messiah 2 troubles...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Got-Hax?, Jun 6, 2003.

1. Got-Hax?

Got-Hax? Member

Hey guys, im kinda a newb and i couldnt find what i was looking for using the ol' search. So here it goes... I just installed a messiah 2 into my V.4. I am a skilled solderer and the install went pretty smoothly. I tested the chip with 3 games so far. Vice city on DVD-R which boots perfectly every time no exceptions. I have tried Midnight club II (CD-R) which booted propperly only 4 out of 10 times (Red screen if not). And Soul caliber II (CD-R) has only booted propperly once out of 10+ attempts(Red screen if not). What do you experts think this could be? Is it the chip, laser or what?

Because it booted correctly for the DVD, and about half the time for Midnight Club2 I was a little confused

Any help is great, thanks

2. L-dubb

L-dubb Regular member

Both of those games that you have on CD-r are DVD based games so you must have rips. Depending on who released it, it could have been mastered improperly or your system just has trouble w/ CD based games.

3. Got-Hax?

Got-Hax? Member

Hmmm... I played with it more this weekend and i think i got the booting down to a science. How you start the PS2 aparently depends on the media in it... I can start Midnight club like every time now... Thanks