1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Messiah Modchip Boot Procedure?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Noriko82, May 17, 2004.

1. Noriko82

Noriko82 Regular member

I think i have a Messiah Modchip Installed in my PS2. Can someone please help me, i don't know the booting procedure of Messiah modchip.

PS2 Games : i know that i have to put the backup DVD in and it works.

PS1 Games : A kind gentlement told me that Double Tap the Reset while PS1 game inside so it worked, thanks to him billion times.

Imported DVDS : I don't know how to, i tried several times pressing Reset but not working. Does anyone knows how to boot a Imported DVD on messiah modded machine?.

My machine is a V9/V10 SCHP - 50004 PAL

2. ShadowNyt

ShadowNyt Regular member

DVD are played in the same mode as PS1 games.

Interesting though - I did not realise that the new Messiah2's had returned to the old boot method of double tapping...

For a long while they actually booted as follows:
    PS1 & DVD movies:
    1) Insert game and close tray
    2) Hold down reset until station shuts down - release reset
    3) Hold down reset again until blue light comes on - then release

If double tapping the reset fails with booting your DVD - try this hold method instead - it may be just that your double tapping has only just been working and that you were actually supposed to be holding reset as directed above.

3. Noriko82

Noriko82 Regular member

Thanks a million for the help friend. I Just tried that holding RESET FOR several seconds and wehn blue light comes release it. it didn't work for me, so i will test run ur procedure and see what happens. One more thing to ask u !!!

i just bought NFS : UNDERGROUND DVD, it has so many bad sectors when i check it with da PC DVD rom but it works fine on PS2, Why is that? is it a copy protection on the game DVD?.