1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

messiah or wot?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dandoom, Mar 2, 2004.

1. dandoom

dandoom Member

Iam a newbie to all this burning and i have read up well.Although,all my efforts have failed.Ive burnt numerous images,on the fly,etc.Nothing will work for me.Sometimes the image is only 2.4gb sometimes more and it dont fill my 4.7dvd-r.Ive tried others and they have been 4.7gb,but still no joy.Ive got fireburner,nero 6,dvddecryptor,blindwrite 5.I have cd and dvd writer[dvd- not +],I have the new packard bell pc,the white one .Windows Xp.have i got enough power?My ps2 has a messiah chip in i think!?.The sound dont work from the optic slot a the back,so the guy said when he chipped it bout 2-3 years ago!.Ive got others my mate got 4 me,they work.When i try to copy them they still wont work in my ps2,they are dvd-rX2 discs,VICE CITY+GETAWAY.The discs im using are bulkpaq data,video and console dvd-r's which are 4Xspeed.Please help,im wasting discs trying so bad to get it done.

2. dandoom

dandoom Member

Just checked my ps2 and its a version 4.With messiah.

3. billz

billz Active member

are you sure the chip is working did you get proof before you bought it?

4. dandoom

dandoom Member

My chip does work,it runs my other backups i got from a guy at work,some cdroms and 2 dvd-r ps2 games.I also have about 50 ps1 backups{copys}and they all work fine.It even plays my copied dvd films.It just wont read my backups.Even backups of the 2 dvd games ive tried and they dont work.When ive burned my image my ps2 tries to read it and you can hear the disc spinning like its gonna work then disc read error comes up.Sometimes it starts spinning faster than normal when trying to read it too.A nightmare.Ive tried copying to dvd-rw x1speed too ,no luck either.Help!

5. billz

billz Active member

what software are you using?

6. dandoom

dandoom Member

software?do u mean nero ETC?Ive got nero 6,blindwrite 5 dvd decryptor,alcohol 120%,fireburner,record now dx.Iam using windows Xp home version 2002 sevice pack 1 pacard bell computer intel(r)celeron(r)2,56ghz 256mb or ram.the game im trying to back up is iss pro evo 3.Its about 2.47gb.Not enough to fill my disc.

7. dandoom

dandoom Member

could it be my writers?How do u find out what type of writers ive got?I know there pioneer if that helps?This backing up is harder than first thought.Others are doing it with ease.Im stumped.Ive followed all guides and tutorials too.Maybe i'll get there someday.Hope so!.

8. dandoom

dandoom Member

My ps2 loads ps2 backup cdrs by pressing reset when ive put my disk on the tray.Sometimes the 2 dvd-r backups run without pressing reset,sometimes i have to press reset to get them going,strange little bugga!.Twice for ps1 backups.That is messiah isnt it?