1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

metal gear 3 codec lag

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Dinsk, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Dinsk

Dinsk Member

hello...I made a copy of mgs3 SNAKE EATER using nero and copied it successfully. The backup seems to be running fine but everytime I check the codec (you can access the codec by pressing "select" button and by either typing or picking a radio frequency), it takes a few seconds before I can actually contact that person(e.g. major, para-medic, Eva, etc.)

I figured maybe the problem was the blank dvd disk that I got from my friend so I decided to recopy it using a RIDATA dvddisk but ended up in the same result. The game movies, sounds and gameplay seems to be running fine, except for the codec part. It takes about 5-7 seconds before I can access the it.

Anyway, maybe Im just using the wrong blank dvd. What's the best and good blank dvd's out there? Some say its verbatims while others say its ritek or fujifilm, I dont know Im confuse. I use RIDATA on xbox and seems to run fine but this is my first time on ps2.

Thx in advance....

2. john212

john212 Guest

dude there is nothing wrong what u did. ihave backd up mgs3 with nero .the frequency thing take some times.its perfectly normal.i even played the original mgs3 same thing.

3. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I have no clue what could have caused that problem,but how quick did you burn the game.I think in my opinion that the Sony discs are the best to use for the PS2 or Verbatim.I could be wrong in the view of other people about the media,but I have had great success using these media to burn with.I never came across a coaster with these brands,but they are more expensive than the other brands.I think that is the only downfall of using them.

4. Dinsk

Dinsk Member

I have never burnt my copies in 4x, always in 2x. People seems to be mentioning about Verbatim, I guess I'll check it out.

Well it was a big load off finding out that the codec thing is pretty normal. Thx a lot John212 and L-Burna for the feedback and for the quick response:)