1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

METAL GEAR 3 - DVD DECRYPTER - MDS FILES - HELP !!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mhlmike, Mar 7, 2005.

1. mhlmike

mhlmike Guest

Ive been burning pS2 games for months with 100% sucess using dvd de-crypter but ive just come to back up metal gear 3 and i go to dvd decrpter and -MODE - ISO- WRITE and choose the ISO image file from my documents and dvd decrpter says "YOU SHOULD HAVE CHOOSE THE MDS FILE AND NOT THIS ONE. ILL DO IT AUTOMATICALLY THIS TIME, BUT DONE DO IT AGAIN". So i continue and burn the MDS file (it wont let me burn the ISO file) and it burns ok i go to play the game it comes on and i go to new game, tells me about the Cold War trys to load more and in the top right of the screen there appears a symbol flasing from a disc to a cross (X) mark like theres an error in the disc??
    What i really want to know is why wont dvd decypter let me burn the ISO file and what the hells an MDS file???

HELP ME !!!!!!!!!!

2. Flip_mode

Flip_mode Guest

Always pick the .mds file....... If u pick the bigger file im sure its not going to work.... GOOD LUCK....
    p.s. I always click on .mds and everything works fine for me..

3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

1. thats a new feature in the updated version of dvd decrypter. And as suggested, you should be burning the mds file anyways. it points to the iso and gives some burning information.
    2. if your using swap magic, there is a patch on ps2ownz.

4. mhlmike

mhlmike Guest

No i have a MOD chip, not using swap magic.
    The game loaded just fine but could not read the disc after the beggining.

5. jetyi83

jetyi83 Regular member

Last edited: Mar 26, 2005
  6. Jizmak

Jizmak Regular member

Use quality media and burn at 2x max speed.
    I use verbatim +r (mcc) and have no problems.
    Mgs3 works flawlessly.
    And ALWAYS select the .mds if available.

7. VOD3N05

VOD3N05 Guest

dvd decrypter use the new *.mds file when writing iso but i think that either one will work dont know why ur having problem opening a iso file...

if somebody wondering what is *.mds file and where the heck this file came from? answer: this file type is used by ALcohol 120% like an iso file for them, and this file type is now added on dvd decrypter or ultra iso to support it to able to write it..

for more info about *.mds file type, check alcohol 120% official site... ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2005
  8. darkbal

darkbal Guest

just try burning the .mds files with alcohol 120%. i created and burned the .mds file for mgs3 with alcohol120% n it works flawlessly.

9. darkbal

darkbal Guest

i used dvd decrypter n i went to read iso but when it was done makeing the iso i dont know where it went. does anyone know where the image is placed?

10. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

um, where ever you tell it to be placed. You may only be able to select the .mds file (which isn't a bad thing).

Last edited: Mar 27, 2005
  11. Tainger

Tainger Member

when i tried to burn the mds file with Alcohol 120% it said that the filedid not exist.. what does this mean??