1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metal gear sold 3 - burn to dvd help :)

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by spamjab, Nov 24, 2004.

1. spamjab

spamjab Member

hello i have just finoshed downloading MGS3 and would like to burn it onto DVD i have tried twice using Nero and DVD Decrypter but to no avail :( - my ps2 is the silver version (so can play dvdr) and is chipped with 'Ripper 2 Gold'

the file i downloaded is a folder containg lots of Winrar files and after i unzipped the first one it created what i assume to be the full iso file

i have tried burning the game using this iso file, is this correct

the name of the file is. . .
    'Metal_Gear_Solid_3_Snake_Eater_USA_PS2DVD-STRiKE'
    and i got it from Suprnova does anyone else have the same file and made it work?

sorry for the long post but i have spent ages trying to get it and i would like for it to work ^_^

Thanks in advance

2. spamjab

spamjab Member

I should add that i havent use Alcohol to burn it yet as it didnt give me the option to burn it as a ps2 game :(

3. lxhotboy

lxhotboy Regular member

Hey i did not download my MGS3 but i do have a working version of the game. There are more ways to get a ps2 game than to download it. Think about it.

4. spamjab

spamjab Member

hmm, yes. . . thanks for that utterly pointless post

Is there anyone out there who can help :)

5. rnsSage

rnsSage Member

lol your so dense.

-Sage

6. spamjab

spamjab Member

Another pointless post!

surely one of you could of helped me instead of calling me dense or talking about different ways of getting ps2 games!!

I am aware that i am dense as regards this area THATS WHY I AM ASKING FOR HELP!!

7. spamjab

spamjab Member

is there anyone out there who can help?

8. StatikOne

StatikOne Regular member

Here's a tip... don't be rude to people if you expect to be helped.

Yes, this is another pointless post...

edit: Check PM's. I helped you.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2004
  9. ciccione

ciccione Member

Last edited: Dec 12, 2004
  10. xerofyre

xerofyre Regular member

ehh could you send me the pm you sent him Statik?
    I need help too, please.
    Thanks in advance.

11. spamjab

spamjab Member

The pm he sent me wasnt much help :( - but the thought was there :) - i still havent got it to work when burning to dvd's so i assume it is a problem with the type of dvd i have (I have tried two now) and i cant afford to fork out £30.00 for 5 Verbatim discs!

If you have a hard drive (for PS2) you can transfer it directly to that using either Winhiip or HDDump (google it) you can plug the PS2 HDD into your pc and do it like that! it worked fine for me! - if you havent got A HDD then it must be a problem with your disc - sorry i cant help any more

12. xerofyre

xerofyre Regular member

yeah I have a hdd for my ps2, but I'm really bad with computer hardware type stuff, I don't even know how to open up my pc. I really should learn how to do this stuff, but I'm thinking about just burning all those disks or something because I had the same type of file with GTA vice city, 55 files, and I burned one and I've played through the first 2 missions without any problem. I'm just not sure what's going to happen when the disk is over.

Anyways why do these things have so many files? They're dvd9's right? Shouldn't that fit on like 2 dvds? Why would we need to make 55? It just doesn't make sense.

But thanks for your help anyways.

13. spamjab

spamjab Member

Its not that you need to burn 55 discs, both GTA and MGS3 are dvd5 so will easily fit onto one

the reason they come in lots of different files is because it makes the file size smaller (or at least i guess thats why)

you just need to open up the first compressed file and it should extract an 'iso' or 'bin/cue' file, which is the image if the whole disc, and the gta disc you have burned will be the full game not the first few missions so you shouldnt have any problems with that :)

hope it works for you :)

and then you just burn that onto the dvd - and it should work, but for me it hasnt :)