1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

metal gear solid 3 probs

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by nswolter, Mar 14, 2005.

1. nswolter

nswolter Regular member

I tried to back up MGS3 with both nero and dvd decrypter and both got to near the end of the ripping process and then incurred errors, has anyone else had problems?....My disk doesn't appear to be scratched that it would cause a problem but I suppose that could be it huh....

2. Prize99

Prize99 Regular member

nah, i had no problems, try changing the media and cleaning the disc and burning at a lower speed this time :)

3. nswolter

nswolter Regular member

does the burn speed affect the ripping process though? I never got to burning or trying it in the PS2

4. Prize99

Prize99 Regular member

If you are encountering errors, then try burning at a lower speed. It will read the PS2 disc slower. Also what do u mean u never got to burning it?

5. nswolter

nswolter Regular member

i was saying that the error occured while they were still in the ripping process, not burning, and i didnt know the speed affected the reading process as well as the writing, i will try slowin it down, thx

6. Prize99

Prize99 Regular member

Oh ok, well then its most likely the original game or the dvd burner causing the problem.

7. joe33333

joe33333 Guest

I actually read your original post and know that you had probs ripping. lol. I didn't have any problems burning MGS3. Did it say disc read error or is it something else? If the disc is scratched near the outside then that is your problem. DVD Decrypter usually retries many times before it gives up so you probably can't rip that specific copy. Does the original work on you PS2?

8. busterb

busterb Member

Hi, I've had issues with backing up MGS3. I've used DVD Decrypter in ISO mode to create the image. I then burn at 1X which all seems to work fine. The problem is that when I go to play it using Swap Magig 3.3 on my Flip top V4 Ps2. It loads OK, but when I try to start a new game or select any other option from the menu it just comes back to the game menu. I burnt on Sony -R media and also I tried TDK -R media. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Buster

9. craigmacd

craigmacd Member

you need to press O instead of X to select things

10. busterb

busterb Member

[lol].. Is it that simple! or am I?

Thanks, I'll give it a try.. I now have 2 copies then.....

11. redlevel

redlevel Guest

my burn process went perfect using nero, but now when i use swap magic to get it to run it does not. the game come on and goes to a screen and tells you to hit play. when you do it goes back to the menu screen. someone help me. this is new country and you guys have the answeres.

12. dan1677

dan1677 Guest

*bangs head against wall*

You need to press the 'O' or the 'Start' button rather than the 'X' button to select things.

:eek:P

13. redlevel

redlevel Guest

i will look again man but i think i have been hitting x to select and then it goes to a screen that has 2 guys fighting and the only option is to "press start"

14. dan1677

dan1677 Guest

When it says press start then do so, but DON'T use the X button to select anything as that will take you back to the front screen (where snake and the guard are fighting). Don't worry, I did it first time round.

:eek:)

15. redlevel

redlevel Guest

dan,

thanks for the help man......knowledge is it all

16. dan1677

dan1677 Guest

no worries man, have fun with mgs:3!

17. busterb

busterb Member

All, thanks for the advise. All works OK when the correct button is pressed!!!

Cheers,
    Buster