1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metal Gear Solid 3 - Radio conversations skip and stutter

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by DawnBob42, Apr 30, 2005.

1. DawnBob42

DawnBob42 Guest

Cutscenes work fine, I've tried high-quality media (Verbatim) with DVD-R and DVD+R, but for some reason many of the radio converstations (especially involving multiple people) stutter and skip frequently.

Does anyone know what could be going on here?

2. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Yeah man! mine did that too when I was using Memorex media but I switched too Maxell DVD-R it worked great! Give it a shot

3. LiquidusX

LiquidusX Regular member

it's nothing wrong it happens to even the original discs.

4. FreeGamer

FreeGamer Guest

Ohh yeah I forgot! My game movies were skipping not the talking part...But yeah when I did use crappy media the movie skipped but when I switched Media it worked great

5. DawnBob42

DawnBob42 Guest

The cuscenes are completely fine...also, this is not normal. The game just crashed on me after some stuttering (once again, this only happens during the black and white radio converstaions). The skipping and stuttering is quite severe and happens often on the radio.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2005
  6. RaineyWM

RaineyWM Member

The same thing happened to me with my ps2 fliptop. I figure that it must have been either the flip top or the ps2 itself. We took it off my system and put it on a friends, and the same thing happened. We fiddled around with the ps2 fliptop a bit, and figured that you can bypass the skipping if you open the lid during those areas of the game. We figured that something in the fliptop was affecting the way the disc was being read, and came to a conclusion that the fliptop is not very well equipped at reading this game. Also, there is an area underneath the lid in the back when open the if we hold up, the game would run smooth. My friend is going to try to sand off extra plastic under the lid that is causing the game to stutter when the lid is closed.