1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater problem

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by pustolio, Feb 20, 2005.

1. pustolio

pustolio Member

well i tried to bakup metal gear solid 3 with dvd decrypter; speed 1x and when i do ISO read when it gets to around over 80% is says errors ocurred illeagal mode...

2. JoeN00b

JoeN00b Guest

try it again. it should backup fine, if not, exchange the game for a new one and try again.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

my copy backed up just fine, no extra patching or anything. It should work.

4. RemyK313

RemyK313 Regular member

Yeah, I blame the copy you're using. I made a perfect backup without any problems.

Also, be sure to burn it to good media, the game is almost a full DVD5-sized file. It's around 100MB short of a full disc, so some crappier media might not read so well at the outer edges.

5. Nappster

Nappster Member

I also have had no problems with this game, and I am using Sony 4X DVD+Rs and Decrypter.

6. madd808

madd808 Guest

I backed up my orginal copy useing dvddecrypter on the first try it worked no problems. iam using maxwell dvd+rs in the purple container did not need a patch?

7. bane4

bane4 Member

Hello, i tried to rip/burn MGS 3 with DVD decrypter (EVERYTHING WENT OK) but when i put the disk in PS2, it starts, but frequently during the game there is a 'disk' symbol on the top left of the screen. To tell you the truth i didn't try the original disk i had, a week ago, but does anyone think that there is a problem with the copy? (sometimes it takes a lot of time to read and once i had to reboot and start from the beginning). I burnt the .iso file with the lowest speed.

Thanks

8. fumos

fumos Guest

hi guys.i have downloaded the game from net . it is a iso format so i burn it with dvddecrypter.i put it in playstation but nothing.the files was in the dvd when i cheked it . what,s the problem ?my chip isn,t good ?

9. SirNoob

SirNoob Guest

where can i dl MSG from?

10. GasSnake

GasSnake Member

bane4,

I am having the exact same problem with my backup copy of MGS3. I've got a psTwo and am using Swap Magic 3.3. When I got that wierd check disk error on the top left part of the screen, I put my original disc in the drive and the game continued just fine. I found through trial and error that this only happened to me right before the cut scenes (lord knows that there are a lot of those in Kojima games).

Take a look at the bottom of your backup. Do you see a ring of what looks like blank space in the middle of the disc? I do, and there's not one on the original.

I also checked the size of the backup against the original and they are both 4.24 gigs.

I'm using Verbatum DVD-R discs which I've never had a problem with before in any other backup.

Does anybody know what's going on?

11. GasSnake

GasSnake Member

Well, I don't have a clue what the deal was with my first backup, but the second worked fine. Something strange must've happened. That's the first time that DVD Decrypter has failed me.

I'd say that if you're still having problems, try backing up with different media.

12. nove11a

nove11a Member

i had the same problem with that disk icon, havent fixed it yet, i burnt 2 back ups on TDK DVD - R 4.7gb disks and neither worked, i used dvd decrypter and i also rebuilt one copy in the style that you do with mercenaries just to see if that made a differece, but its still stuttering on cut scenes and that disk icon still appears. im using swap magic 3.3 and i doubt its the disk cos ive always used them and never had any problems, apart from need for speed underground 2 but that games a tit anyways.

13. Ofnir1

Ofnir1 Regular member

My backup copy of MGS3 works perfect for me. Instead of DVD Decrypter, use Alcohol 120% (A120). (p.m. me if you need that).

Here's instructions too, very easy.

1. Insert game, load up A120, and select Image Making Wizard.

2. From here, make sure the right drive is selected, make sure the read speed is either 1X or 2X (both have worked for me in the past), separate files every 2GB, and having Skip Reading Errors unchecked shouldn't really matter, I've had no probs. Click Next.

3. Select your desination folder, give your image a name if you want, running Disk Cleaup isn't a bad idea, and MDS should already be the default Image Format. Now click Start.

4. After completion, right under where you clicked Image Making Wizard is Image Burning Wizard, so click that. Now browse for the MDS file, and make sure you've switched the original to your blank media at this point, and click Next.

5. Select recorder, write speed should be the same as the read speed from earlier, Write Method should be DAO, Write should be checked in, select how many copies you want, and if you have Buffer Underrun Technology, enable it! Now click Start.

After it's done burning, you should have a successful copy of MGS3. I hope this helps.

NOTE: The only thing that was weird about my copy, was that it would be choppy in the area right after you first meet up with EVA, the swampland. But that could be due to scratches on the original, since it IS a rental. But it's not a bad case of choppyness, only slight.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
  14. Beatnik

Beatnik Member

I am having trouble with MGS3 also. I have done exactly correctly I believe. I have copied the image from decrypter. And then burned using Nero at 4x using a sony dvd+R disc. I have a dms 4 ezi installed in my ps2 And I have had some other games working on it. But every burn I make I get the red screen saying insert ps2 disc. Im not an idiot and know how to follow instructrions. I am also having a problem burning [www.solops2.com]_xenosaga_2_disk1-PS2_fullDVD_usa. I have the iso and burn it with nero at 4x or less but every time it gives me a insert ps2 disc.

15. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

This should solve any problems you have..

When you insert your blank DVD into your drive and open up DVD Decrypter, on theright hand side, it should display the blank DVD's info. It should say - "Supported Speeds" and then list the speeds that the media supports. I bought some ridisc ritek G04's and i burnt snake eater at 1x then noticed that the ridisc Riteks ONLY supported speeds 2x and 4x.

-Mike.