1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metal Gear Solid 3 W/ Swap Magic troubles

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Crue00, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Crue00

Crue00 Guest

I can not get a successful back up of MGS3. I am using all the same tactics that I have before (last back-up'd disk= San Andrea's) for back-ups. Using a Mac with toast. I have a version 2.0 DVD swap magic disk. what could be different, might I need a new swap magic disk? Any help??

2. vgaitez

vgaitez Member

I used dvd decrypter to read and write and swap it with a swap magic 2.0. Game runs great. Don't know maybe your swap disc did get scratched or something.

3. Crue00

Crue00 Guest

I got it working actually, i had to do a disk copy. rather then saving a disk image and buring that. thanks for you help

4. Whytey

Whytey Guest

Hello i have the same problem.... i cant get a sucessful backup of mgs3 or gta : san andreas (even with a real backup copy of sa) i have swap magic 2.0 dvd and both games just stop at loading point and screen stays black can anyone help me (i burned with Ritek GO5 8x & Bulkpaq Orange Top burned on a Liteon dvd r/rw +-)

5. Whytey

Whytey Guest

I got the one from mIRC Metal_Gear_Solid_3_Snake_Eater_USA_PS2DVD-STRiKE With no password

6. starmax

starmax Member

What type of media are you using?

7. gi0rgi0

gi0rgi0 Guest

hey Crue. What do you mean you just did a disk copy ? What softare did you use ?

8. starmax

starmax Member

His first post mentioned Toast. Disc Copy is the name for a volume copy in Toast.

I've tried Retek and Optodisc, neither work. Optodisc won't even boot, and the Retek gets a "Cannot read the disc" error when CJ leaves his house (the first thing that occurs once a game is loaded).

9. Whytey

Whytey Guest

i am using ritek GO4 MGS3 OR GTA : SA Wont load with my swap magic 2.0

10. Whytey

Whytey Guest

i have bought mgs3 now from ebay hope it works

11. woohoo

woohoo Member

when he said disk copy, it mean mount the .img or .iso to virtual drive, then use alcohol or nero to copy the cd

Last edited: Dec 8, 2004
  12. starmax

starmax Member

Well after several failures with Ritek and Optodisc media (both DVD-R) I bought some TDK DVD+R media and tried it out. Loading was a bit slow but it actually worked this time. Sounds like media does make a difference...

13. jetblac

jetblac Member

I had no problem with ritek's... but the online patch does not work. I guess I'm going to have to pull my original out of the closet when I want to get camoflauge.