1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metal Gear Solid 4 Demo On PSN in February!!!!

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by NinReznor, Jan 21, 2008.

1. NinReznor

NinReznor Regular member

take a look!!!
    [​IMG]

tbh, i sort of hope its not true, don't ask me why! i don't want to spoil all the anticipation i guess.

2. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

Just dont download it.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  3. ryanjafc

ryanjafc Regular member

hmmm im in a dilemma as i have seen all the footage and it just looks awesome!!! would like to play before i get it but as you say it may spoil it, but its tempting.

4. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Oh for fudge sake, I thought they'd be smarter than to release a demo for their final masterpiece, no way in hell am I downloading it and anyone else who's played MGS and is going to buy MGS4 shouldn't either... Especially if they did something even more stupid like include the MGO demo with it.

5. NinReznor

NinReznor Regular member

i don't think they'll be an mgo2 demo in there. i thinks its the demo they showed at CES.
    i agree with you though canuckerz releasing a demo for the most anticipated game of the year doesn't seem like a good idea, on the other hand knowing kojima i don't think he will release a demo that doesn't show the quality of his game.

6. grkblood

grkblood Regular member

i seriously doubt this will be the last metal gear solid. no matter what they're saying another one will eventually come out. Atleast I hope so, I would hate to see my favorite series come to an end.

7. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

I think it is the last one,snake dosnt look well enough to make another game.But saying that its not the last time we will see snake as the Metal Gear Solid MOVIE is out next year

Also a bit of trivia on MGS,the guy who plays the english voice of snake is Canaidian David Hayter,he wrote the screen plays for Xmen 1 and 2 and the Scorpion King,he also does the voice of Captain America in Xmen Evolution.He also acted the Museum Cop in Xmen 1

Quinton Flynn is the real name of Raiden and he has been the voice in more than 64 games,Tenchu 2,Minority Report,Spider-Man: Friend or Foe.

Christopher Randolph is the real name of Hal Emmerich - Otacon,he has acted in two films,The Fifth Step and Pumpkin Hell.

Paul Eiding is the real name of Colonel Roy Campbell,his voice has been in more than 46 games,God of War,Jade Empire,Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction.

Debi Mae West is the real name of Meryl Silverburgh,she has been in more than 28 games,Star Wars: Force Commander,God of War II,Spider-Man 3,she has acted in two films,Boyz Up Unauthorized and Arbie.

Also Metal Gear is based on the character Snake Plisken(Kurt Russel) from Escape from New York

Last edited: Jan 22, 2008
  8. NinReznor

NinReznor Regular member

kojima said that its the last metal gear he is working on and the final story of solid snake.
    there could be a another game following a different character but i highly doubt it. i would love to play as grey fox through remakes of the original metal gear and metal gear 2 though.

regarding the movie i hope its all cgi and not live action. i couldn't see anyone doing snakes voice apart from David Hayter.

9. NinReznor

NinReznor Regular member

10. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

Yes that looks amazing,i still dont know what that weird ring around Snake is for.

11. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

I would prefer if it was cgi because hearing someone elses voice apart from David Hayters would be very weird,but i think it will be live action similar to the new Dragonball Movie.

12. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Argh... don't even get me started on all this live action crap it makes me want to punt a puppy. How dare they ruin Dragonball Z, its a classic they should have left it well enough alone, not milk it for profits.

13. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

Have you seen whos playing Goku,Justin Chatwin(Robbie from War of the Worlds)hopefully its not true,also in the cartoon some charcters voices in the UK are different than the US one.Also there was an original live version but that was so rubbish that they pulled it of the shelves.As far as the MGS movie goes,they could make it live action and use real actors but use the game actors voices,sort of like dubbing.

14. Hardball

Hardball Regular member

I cant wait till this comes out! I've been following metal Gear for the longest that is one of the main reasons why i have a PS3 just to see how this ends. i have beaten almost every metal Gear besides the sequel on the NES platform otherwise that i am a die hard metal Gear fan. and i cant wait till this is released!

15. NinReznor

NinReznor Regular member

lol you mean snakes revenge on the nes?
    seriously don't bother it wasn't even made by kojima and the plot doesn't even fit in with the story. (a cyborg big boss, WTF!)

being an avid fan though im sure you either downloaded an msx emulator or have mgs3 subsistence and played the true sequel, and the online until they took down the servers! :'(

16. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

Metal Gear 2:Solid Snake,which was released in 1990 was the Real sequal to Metal Gear on the nes,it was created by Hideo Kojima.He hadnt planned to make a sequal but made it because of Snakes Revenge.

17. NinReznor

NinReznor Regular member

yeah thats what i meant when i said true sequel, it was released on the msx system and ps2. konami made snakes revenge on the nes before mg2 without kojimas consent or his participation.

18. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

Yes i sort of guessed you meant that,also ive noticed iv been spelling sequel wrong,i used to be so good at spelling.

It would be cool if Hideo Kojima decided to add all the old Metal Gear games including the PS1 version as unlockables on MGS4(i would have said all the PS2 versions as well but im not sure there would be enough room for them all on one disc).

Or added MGS1 and 2 so we could catch up on the story.

19. NinReznor

NinReznor Regular member

lol mgs1, 2 and 3 would be max 10.8GB and if he uses a dual layer bluray he'd still have 39GB left for the game.

20. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

Yes true,i was thinking more along the lines of him using a single layer disc.