1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metal Gear Solid - Portable Ops problem

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by RatedA, Aug 12, 2007.

1. RatedA

RatedA Member

Ok I have 3.40 filmware and for some reason MGS-PO wouldn't work. It just goes through the white PSP screen and goes black. I had no problems with other games like MLB and 300, so any help?

2. tehsick

tehsick Regular member

Try removing the Iso then putting it back on again, If that fails you might need to find another copy of the game. It could be corrupted i suppose

3. sphynx630

sphynx630 Regular member

If your running 3.40 OE then you'll need to run the iso with the UMD option on. It should play fine after that.

4. RatedA

RatedA Member

What do u mean by UMD option? Can u tell me SPECIFICLy how to turn it on?

5. RatedA

RatedA Member

Ok after I tried everything and nothing worked, I downloaded another version of the iso and now it doesn't even show up in the menu!!! I tested my filmware with a different game iso and it works perfectly, so now im really confused.

6. DarkxP

DarkxP Member

I have devhook .46 and i cant play metal gear portable ops cuzz it need 2.81 plzz help

7. Zan88

Zan88 Regular member

OK

By turning off your psp completely and then turning it back on again holding R you will be able to access the recovery menu.

Somewhere under the configuration on here you will find an option to turn off NO-UMD mode.

Then exit recovery mode...

Have a game UMD (any will do) in the UMD drive and then start portable ops.

Either that or upgrade to M33 3.52-2. The sony UMD driver Np9660 works with portable ops and you dont have to have a UMD in the drive.

8. RatedA

RatedA Member

woa, hold on, wtf is M33 3.52-2? I thought 3.40 custum filmware was the newest one right now. Is it another custom filmware? Cause isn't it true that u can't run homebrew on anything higher than 3.50?
    If this is a new custom filmware, does it have all the 3.40 custom filmware features? Is so, plz give me a link, thanx.

9. Zan88

Zan88 Regular member

ok btw its FIRMWARE not filmware silly!

Yes there is a team of russians called Team M33 who are making custom firmware - i never ran any Dark Alex firmware so i dont know exactly what it had however i believe it pretty much covers all bases.

It is bang up to date with the Sony firmware and yes youo can run homebrew/ps1 and psp isos on it, I dont have any issues whatsoever with this firmware however i think if you want to make changes to you XMB people have been saying it is more difficult but thats it.

I wont link you - just google it - you willl find it no problem or ever explore the mod and firmware thread of this site.

10. RatedA

RatedA Member

hey dude i changed my FIRMWARE to 3.52 M33-4 and MGS still has the same problem...i even tried a diffrent iso and it still didn't work, can u give me the configurations just to check?

11. psp35

psp35 Regular member

go to recover and from there and change the umd mode to no UMD, and in advance settings disable everything.

12. RatedA

RatedA Member

still no luck for me, can u give me the link/torrent from which u got the game?

13. psp35

psp35 Regular member

cant reall give links to torrents. but try mininova. ummm i use demonoid but you have to sign in to download torrents.