1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

METAL GEAR SOLID SUBSTANCE PAL VERSION

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by zjuric, Sep 11, 2004.

1. zjuric

zjuric Member

hi guys i'm a newbie to all this, but i'm having a problem with backing up MGS2 SUB. i've downloaded the tutorial on how to convert dvd9 to dvd5, and all is fine except the tutorial uses slus_205.24, but the pal version is sles_820.09. i need to know how to find the dvd checks within the file and what to change it to. if anyone has any idea or info on how to do this, it will be much appreciated., THANX.

2. grimtaz

grimtaz Member

Was that the guide from my site? My site also has the tools needed. You can use Sony CD/DVD Generator to create the disk image and you just enter in the details for the volume which will be SLES 82009

http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~cbjull/

Enjoy :)

3. zjuric

zjuric Member

Thanx, grimtaz. And thanx for your link to your site i've downloaded your guide and tools and will give it a go.
    thanx. :)

4. zjuric

zjuric Member

to grimtaz,
    regarding your guide, it doesn't show me how to remove the dvd9 dvd checks from the sles_820.09 file.
    any info on how this can be done?
    :)

5. grimtaz

grimtaz Member

Thats a good question. Im yet to find an answer for that. I'm hoping someone will have an answer sooner or later. I'll let you know when I discover something.

6. wargamer

wargamer Guest

Hi,

Hmm I'm trying to do the same game as well, I've looked at the tutorial guide but you know not many people have NTFS filesystem and you cannot have the single ISO image more than 4GB on Windows 98 or XP. so how come your guide only mentions having the whole file at that whopping size 5.8GB, so how am i meant to do it then?.

Is it ok to have them split, i could only use Alcohol 120% for imaging to my HDD cause it doesn't work with DVD decrypter even though i had it spilt the images into no more than 4GB.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

7. zjuric

zjuric Member

to wargamer,
    i'm currently running xp and am having no problems with iso files being larger than 4GB, so i am unsure as to why it is the case with you, but i am quite sure you can use the split iso's instead of the single, however when you create your disk 1 iso it will definitely be atleast 4.2GB

8. zjuric

zjuric Member

to grimtaz,
    i have recently found a program called dvdscan v2.0, this program scans the files you want and it removes the dvd9 dvd checks, from the file. so that's good news.:)

But i am experiencing another problem with your guide that i hope you can help me with. when you mention what order to drag the files into cd/dvd Gen, the files are related to the norrath game. Do you have any info on what order the files from MGS2 sub should be in?
    Any help would be great.
    :)

9. grimtaz

grimtaz Member

I'll have to check it out. As for MGSS files go to the following site and grab the zip from the list, it will have the file order for each dvd.

http://www.swapmagicfix.com/

Keep it real.