1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

method for ps2 v12 slimline unmodded

Discussion in 'PS2' started by hypersoni, Apr 19, 2007.

1. hypersoni

hypersoni Regular member

My v12 pstwo is unmodded and I see all of the boot and swap methods but the ones that you need straws and stuff for dont seem to work on mine. I checked and I know it is a v12 pstwo. is there a certain way i am supposed to put in the disc or something because I knwo I didn't mod my ps2 for nothing.:(

2. jenko6a

jenko6a Guest

for the straw trick you put sm in then swap it after it has booted

3. hypersoni

hypersoni Regular member

ok. can you give me the link? I am not very good in remembering all of those mods.:( And if swap magic has to be bought vs. burnt as a requirement then i can't use the swap magic.:(

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  4. shmikes

shmikes Guest

the easiest way to play a burned game is.....get a ps1 cd. insert it and as soon as the Playtation2(r) screen pops up remove cd quickly and insert burned one(real fast). This is because a ps2 takes a few secons to load a ps1 cd and the ps2 screen means the game has been accepted. Thats when u put in burned game.

5. hypersoni

hypersoni Regular member

It can't be that simple now can it? Well does this trick work for ps1, ps2, and homebrew executables (PGen, SNES Station)? And do the disc formats for burnt discs have to be in CD or DVD format?

6. hypersoni

hypersoni Regular member

I tried that method you posted shmike. I put in an original ps1 game. then when it loaded there was no ps2 screen instead there was a ps1 screen. So i switched the discs as soon as i saw the ps1 screen. It just sat there so i'm guessing it froze up. So did I do something wrong or what?

7. Shredhed

Shredhed Guest

I have recently purchased a slimline v14 and i taped the sensors back so the lid could be opened during a game and the disc would continue to spin. i have found a method to make backups work without the armax exploit assuming you have a copy of a game that works for example i backed up the original san andreas using the dvd decryptor method at 1x speed using a dvd-r disc i booted up the pstwo with the original san andreas disc and after the playstation 2 logo finishes and the game starts loading you can open the tray remove the disc and replace it for the copy and it will continue to load so for those of you out there just interested in playing backups of slightly damaged discs as long as you have the original game that is capable of getting past the playstation 2 logo to the title menu or whatever you can use backups to prevent damage to the original discs.

8. hypersoni

hypersoni Regular member

Ok. But do you have any methods for a v12 pstwo?:(

9. Shredhed

Shredhed Guest

It should work 4 all slimlines cos the taping sensors method allows you to open the lid while the disc is still running im assuming that the problem with unmodded ps2 is tht copied discs dont have bootloaders or something to that effect on the disc thats why if you try and put it in and restart the red ps2 screen comes up with insert a ps2 format disc now what i think is happening is that if you load an original ps2 game and the beginning of the game starts the bootloader has occured so swaping the disc at this point will work because there is no protection after this point it tricks the ps2 into thniking that there is a scratch on the disc when you remove it so the lazer just repeatedly looks for the last point it read before the disc was removed and when you insert the copie of the game you used it will continue reading as if it were the original ive tried it on every game i own which isnt many hta libery city stories smackdown vs raw 2007 and san andreas but it works doesnt matter how long it takes for you to put in the copie it works now this is only good for ppl that wish to play games that are scratched because the copie only works if you have the original game as well i am looking for methods other than the exploit with the elf files to make the copies work without the original discs but have had no luck but try it use the dvd decryptor to burn your copie and you can do it at any point in the game loading creens anything even while your in the middle of the game if you wish thats actually how i stumbled across this method i was on gta liberty city stories and when in the game opened the tray removed the disc and continued to go around the map without any disc inserted at all and if you do that the map begins to deteriorate such as all the textures start to fade and such this is because a certain amount of the game had been read of the disc before removing.

10. shmikes

shmikes Guest

Um the thing is it should of worked. You can also try to use a ps2 disc instead. Remember you have to do it quickly because if data from the original cd is read and processed you will not be able to play the backup unless it is the same game. But you have to practice the method a few times. It is much better than ordering a modchip.

11. shmikes

shmikes Guest

You did nothing wrong its just that you have to do it very quickly so the ps2 or pstwo only reads the backup. Try with a ps2 dvd. It works cuz thats what i do.

12. hypersoni

hypersoni Regular member

like how fast am i supposed to be doing it?!?!?!? I've swapped in 5 seconds or less and it still wouldn't boot?!?!?!

13. Shredhed

Shredhed Guest

hypersoni ignore shmikes method with ps1 game it doesnt work if all you want to do is play a backup of a ps2 game you already own boot the ps2 with the original ps2 game and when the title credits or start menu comes up depending on the game or even while your playing the game just open the lid of the slimline assuming you have the sensors taped so the disc still spins just take the original ps2 disc out and replace it for the copie of the game. it will continue to load from whatever point the original disc was at. and you do not hav to do it quikly you can take as long as you want to swap the discs. Just to make it perfectly clear though you cant boot the backup unless you have the original ps2 disc it needs that to get past the bootloader.

14. Shredhed

Shredhed Guest

say you have the original san andreas disc and a backup of san andreas to save wear and tear of the original do the method i am talking about this only works with a backup of the game you already own though for example you couldnt put the original san andreas disc in boot up and swap it for a backup of pro evolution soccer it has to be a backup of the game you are trying to play that you already own. if i find a new method which i am optomistic about i will post but this will help anyone who just wants to play a backup of a slightly damaged disc.

15. hypersoni

hypersoni Regular member

Well that would totally defeat the purpose of hosting backups on the internet for downloading. I want to be able to boot a ps1 or ps2 disc that i burnt. and how can you close the lid if you are taping the sensors? it doesn't close all the way. at least with the straw method which was a pile of horse shit for me.:(

16. Shredhed

Shredhed Guest

unscrew the brake pad completely and just tape the other two down neatly with electricians tape

17. hypersoni

hypersoni Regular member

Uh...can't I just use regular scotch tape?

18. shmikes

shmikes Guest

U did it with a ps2 dvd right? tell me witch of the following you have:
    ps2 (fat one) pstwo (slim one)

19. hypersoni

hypersoni Regular member

pstwo slimline. It says so in title of the thread.

20. shmikes

shmikes Guest

Well use a ps2 dvd and try! if it dosn't work use a modchip! the straw trick and others aren't very good.