1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metroid prime 3 black screen

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Azeluk, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Azeluk

Azeluk Member

Hey peeps,

My wii was modded yesterday with the wiikey it has 1.3 on it and my wii is 3.1 i used brick blocker on my metroid 3 iso burned it to a verbatim at 4x as this is the only speed my burner burns at and tried to play it now my wii recognises backed up GC titles no problem it will also except imports originals and wii originals but when i try to play metroid prime 3 i click start and then just a black screen.

Am i doing somthing wrong.

many thanks.

Andrew.

2. juniR

juniR Guest

Update your Wiikey firmware - 1.9g is the latest.

3. juniR

juniR Guest

Oh and tbh - you shouldn't need brickblocker if your Wii is 3.1

4. Azeluk

Azeluk Member

Cheers i decided to burn the unpatched image this time with imgburn and it still wouldnt run (No disc was detected) so i thought well the wii error isnt appearing so i clicked on disc channel and hay presto a wii update was installed and now the game runs brilliantly.

So apart from feeling really stupid as it turns out my wii was only 3.0 not 3.1 im really chuffed with the wiikey.

cheers.

Andrew.

5. juniR

juniR Guest

k well brickblocker is there to stop you applying that update in case the disk is out of region. If your Wii is updated then no update will be applied and so brickblocker isn't needed.

I hope the copy you ran is from the same region as your Wii or you might well have semi brick errors. There are 2 common ones.

1. duplicate news and weather channels showing.
    2. settings can't be accessed.

Good Luck anyway.

6. edward44

edward44 Member

Hi,
    I have a Wii UK PAL version 3.1E with wiikit version 1.9g
    Mario Galaxy works fine as do others but I can't seem
    to get Metroid Prime 3 to work. I get the startup picture
    and when I try to run the game the screen goes black.

I have burnt it on differnt DVD disks at slow speeds

I may have patch the original lSO with the brickblocker
    eventhough it said it was a PAL version would this this
    cause a problem? it was asking to update the Wii I took
    this as it may brick the Wii ?

Thanks

7. juniR

juniR Guest

MP3 (both USA ntsc & Euro PAL) runs fine here on 3.1E/1.9g

Should be no problem at all to run it on yours and I don't think it should try and update anything. Maybe try different media.

8. brido84

brido84 Regular member

Does MP3 run it's own little firmware update when you click on the disk channel before you can play it (so long since I first played it, can't be sure but I think it does), like SMG does even if you are at the latest firmware.

Maybe it's brickblocked and can't install this required update.

Try and find one from your region without brickblocker or if all else fails take your original back out of its protective casing and put that in (providing its the same region as your Wii).

9. juniR

juniR Guest

You might be right brido84. I thought MP3 offered the firmware update to 3.0 but it may well be the same deal as the SMG type update. In any case - there should be no issues in updating with a disk from your region.