1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metroid Prime 3 Disc Noise?!

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by albino92, Aug 29, 2007.

1. albino92

albino92 Regular member

Alright, the first time i put in metroid it froze. Then it kept on doing this so i called nintendo and they told me to unplug the power cord,wait a few minutes and then power it on. After i powered it on they told me to reset the console and press on the disc channel,after i did i put in the game and it worked sure enough. I played for an hour very scared that it would freeze again,I'm stuck at the boss on veteran difficulty. The game isn't as good as the ratings it got, but that's probably because i'm still on the first level, Right? Anyways while playing, the disc makes very loud loading noises like the 360 and it made those noises whenever it froze, so are the noises happening to everybody, Nintendo says it is because some games are different and metroid being a powerful game would require for the wii to load all the time. By the way my wii isn't scratching the game it just loads more often in metroid than wii sports and every other game i played. Thanks in advance.

2. Mike951

Mike951 Member

I'm not entirely sure but I believe it is just because the game is more intensive on the Wii system and has to use the disc more often. I got Fantastic 4: SS recently and I noticed that it constantly accesses the disc. This is because not as much of the game can be cached I believe, due to its high quality. I wouldn't be alarmed if I were you, it seems like many of the more intensive games require near constant access of the disc.

3. mike10

mike10 Member

yah its normal apparently resident evil 4 and red steel also make lots of noise

4. albino92

albino92 Regular member

Ok now the disc read errors are coming back, it's only with this game,sadly, and on startup, because the one time it worked it wouldn't freeze during the game. Do you guys know anything about this, thanks in advance, meanwhile i'll contact nintendo again.

5. albino92

albino92 Regular member

Wow, am i glad! Nothing is wrong with my wii, when i called Nintendo they said this is a worldwide issue with some of the discs and that they'll fix it and contact me. I;m pissed off that i can't play it right now, but some stores don't even have it yet so it's not that bad. For example, it's not like buying Halo 3 on the 25th and not being able to play it in October, because everyone will buy Halo 3 on the first day unlike Metroid.