1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metroid Prime 3 Issue

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by edsterdee, Nov 7, 2007.

1. edsterdee

edsterdee Member

Hey, I've recently burnt a backup of MP3 and it requests me to update even though I am already 3.1E. It is a PAL game and im using a PAL wii with Wiikey fully updated.

I burnt MP3 on a TDK-R with IMGBurn at 4X.

Should I complete the update or will this brick my wii?

Thanks.

2. DNT5

DNT5 Member

On-disc firmware updates will always ask you to run the update the first time you run the disc, regardless of your firmware version. This is normal.

An in-region update, when run successfully, will never brick your console. If it bricks, then it's because the update screwed up, not because of the bricking glitch. You only need to worry about bricking when it's an out-of-region disc that contains an on-disc update.

3. edsterdee

edsterdee Member

cool thanks. Any other advice?

4. wiiisgood

wiiisgood Member

So to clarify - don't laugh

I have a UK Wii with a wiinja deluxe and latest online updates.

If I get myself a backup of say Metroid3 or High school musical (not for me obviously) and when it asks for an update I can go ahead without a care and update as long as the game originated/is a UK/Europe game disc.

Because I don't want my missis hitting me with a blunt instrument around the head (several times) for bricking my kids Wii?

Cheers...

5. wiigm0kdc

wiigm0kdc Member

I know someonewho has a D2C key fitted, and just tried MP3 and it stated an update was required, it then warned that modded Wiis will break or something like that, but they went ahead anyway, did the update re started the Wii just to make sure and it all works perfectly. Wii key may be different but its fine with the D2C fitted, hope that helps a bit.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2007