1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Metroid Prime 3 Loud and long pausing

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by bass_hit, Sep 10, 2007.

1. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

Been playing MP3 for a while now. Noticed taht my Wii drive was very loud when spining the disc. I have the console on the vertical stand and was wondering if laying id down would fix this.

I also noticed that the game has (occasionally) long loading times for the doors. Not that great when you're trying to rush through an area instead of killing off all the pirates/creatures in a given area.

Anyone else experience this or is it just me?

2. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

to answer your first question, don't you think it's kinda silly asking us if laying your wii on it's side will fix a problem? Why don't you just lay it down and see???

On your second question, are you just talking about how you shoot the door to get rid of the blue stuff but the door doesn't open right away? Thats a downside of the gameplay. It's always been that way. It was that way on the previous two games as well. I've found that if you get all the way up to the door and it doesn't open right away, just back off a bit and it will open. It's a pain I know, I was hoping that they would fix this with mp3. I don't really have any advice for this as I struggle with this too.

3. bass_hit

bass_hit Regular member

Thanks for clearing that up. Didn't know the doors were a common issues with the entire series.

As for the laying it down issue, I'm a bit pressed for space where I am and believe it or not, don't have the room to lay it down flat. Just wondering it that helped other in the same situation.

4. Kafluke

Kafluke Active member

I don't think many people really call it an "issue" per se but for me it's been a big pain in the ass

5. brokendan

brokendan Member

i experience the clicking noise as well. my wii is laying down flat. so i dont think it will help you out.

6. Mark187

Mark187 Regular member

You think MP-3 is loud? Try Scarface.

7. brokendan

brokendan Member

i thoguht my wii was breaking at first heh. also periodically it will show the game is in there (mp3) and ill click it and itll tell me to eject the disc and hard reset. i have the actual game but a wiikey as well on the latest FW. this common?