1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MGS1 Help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Games' started by sinsaint, Feb 14, 2007.

1. sinsaint

sinsaint Guest

hi, i have just got to psycho mantis in the origonal mgs on my psp when i encounter a problem, on the origonal ps1 console to stop this boss from reading your mind you needed to change your controller to port 2 while in HIDEO mode. exept i cant do this on the psp.

any suggestions how to skip the boss or get this working?

2. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

get killed, replay level, they tell you to distroy the statues to beat psycho mantis, ta da!

3. sinsaint

sinsaint Guest

doesnt work for me, i died and tried to go back in answered codec and waited to combat and asked everyone in my codec.

i have tried destroying the statues but had no luck, what do i use to try and destreoy them?

4. ThisDude

ThisDude Regular member

I've seen this option in the "Playsation menu" but never tried it. Try it out and see if it helps:

While in the game press the "HOME" button on your "PSP" and then scroll to "Settings" then "Assign Controller Ports" and choose "Controller 2". See if it does the trick, if so post back a reply.

I remember watching my 17 year old cousin fighting Mantis without switching ports or anything. He used his "SO CALLED SKILLS" that he says he has. And still had 1 last block of life left

I think he was just lucky though.

5. sinsaint

sinsaint Guest

i cant do that as i am running on firmware 3.03oe-c and im not upgrading to 3.10oe-a as i have heard their is so many problems with it its not worth the hastle, i will just wait for oe-b or something to come out.