1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MGS3 backup - game won't save???

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by narky, Feb 27, 2005.

1. narky

narky Member

I have a backup of MGS3, and it works fine using the Swap MAgic DVD and slide tool first. But whenever I try to save the game using the save option from the codec screen, the game hangs! I've tried a new memory card, re-recording the backup at 1x, and have no clue how to proceed now.
    Do memory cards have to be formatted by region ie NTSC/PAL, in a similar way to Nintendo memory cards (Jap/English)...I guess not, but what then could be the problem?

2. narky

narky Member

Doesn't anyone have any suggestions? Or has anyone else experienced this on this game or others?

3. dbgt1121

dbgt1121 Guest

wow that sucks mine has no problems at all other then she talks about old movies for like 5 minutes

4. Mather

Mather Regular member

LOL
    i know right . this game has alot of talkin. LOL

o my copy works fine.
    maybe its the blank dvd disc ur using what brand is it?

Last edited: Feb 27, 2005
  5. narky

narky Member

The brand is Ritek Tango or something...works perfectly with DVD movies/Xbox games.

I've had a search through some old topics and other peeps have had this problem. A way round it is as soon as you have pressed save, keep your finger on the triangle button...as you know, this skips though all the codec audio that happens. Apparently, the game struggles to find these audio files and freezes on some copies - but this workaround seems to work for me!

Going to wait for the PAL version to come out on sale next week though, to see if I get the same problem