1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mgs3 backup help..... sorry if its been mentioned b4

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by pro`noob, Mar 27, 2005.

1. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

hi can someone help me please.... i just borrowed metal gear solid 3 off a friend (PAL UK) and made it into an iso with dvd decrypter. it burned fine at 2x in alcohol 120% (ritek g05)and i loaded it up using swapmagic 3.3.

it got past the swapmagic and the screen went black as if it was loading up but then it just stayed on this screen.
    so i was wondering is there something i have to do to the game?? eg some kind of fix or is it not possible to back up mgs3? or was it just a badly burned copy??

i dont want to waste more discs testing so if anybody has sucessfully backed this up off an original then please let me know how.
    thanks

2. bedet

bedet Guest

I have downloaded an ISO and I burned it. There is only one thing that I'm not happy about, that's that it is Spanisch language... So I can't read the text... But it works great...

3. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

with swapmagic?

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Back before I switched to a mod chip I was using the swap magic 2.0 and it played fine. I think the problem may be the G05 media. There is alot of posts stating that this media is nothing but junk.

5. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

its worked fine 100% with every other game ive backed up.... ill try burning it once more

6. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Well, I bought a 100 pack of the G05's awhile back. A few games worked fine, but most didn't. Guess it just depends on the game. I did a search through the forums here and found out that alot of people were having problems with the G05's. I used the rest for movies and ordered the G04's and that's all I've been using since.

7. pro`noob

pro`noob Regular member

ill let you know later how i get on after ive burned another copy

8. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

Im about to burn that game rightnow i am at 77%. I am burning it on a TDK dvd-r. I will post if the game works when i'm done. O yea im also putting the DNAS PATCH so i can play online :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2005
  9. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

Yea!!! Game works perfect. Ok i used dvd decrypter to make trhe iso. when i burned it i put the write speed to 1x. make sure that write speed it to the LOWEST and game should work fine. O yea i used TDk dvd-r media. Reply if you need help.

10. toddorov

toddorov Member

ive got a version of mgs3 that works but i got to the prison cell bit and now my save file will not load. it returns to insert a playstation 2 version disc. i just wondered if this is a protection problem or just a corrupt save?

any help would be much appreciated