1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MGS3 skipping problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ropeadope, Nov 27, 2004.

1. ropeadope

ropeadope Regular member

I burned MGS3 on a DVD-R at the lowest speed, using Ritek G04 media, and i noticed during a long codec conversation it kinda stuttered a lot near the end of the conversation. Is everyone else having this problem or is it just me? I've burned other DVD-Rs the same way and they've played flawlessly. Should i just try to burn it again?

2. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

I have used ritek before and most times the games work great. I have noticed that especially with burnout 3 it began skipping a lot. You can try burning it again using different media even though ritek is known to be good.

3. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

Are you sure its not just part of the game?
    Other mgs games kinda stutter on purpose during the codec transmissions if ya know what I mean.
    Or is the problem audio skipping?

4. ropeadope

ropeadope Regular member

I don't think the skipping was part of the game, my PS2 was making lotsa noise, and it didn't do it in the first half of that long codec conversation. I'll try playing some more though.

I burned Burnout 3 using Ritek and it runs 100% flawlessly, so i guess you just have to get kinda lucky

5. bboy_flex

bboy_flex Regular member

I guess so.