1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

microsoft dashboard

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by pgm8705, Mar 26, 2005.

1. pgm8705

pgm8705 Member

allright i recently installed a spider modchip into my xbox. I had allready ordered it before i read all the posts about how much it sucks. Oh well. Luckily enough, i got it installed and flashed easily. I installed evolution x as well. my question is this: when i turn the chip off with the switch, is the microsoft dashboard suppose to come up? It does not for me. Also, in evolution x, the ms dashboard item does nothing. What is my problem?

2. aykfc

aykfc Member

Most likely your microsoft dashboard was deleted...... so was mine because i was softmodding. I am looking online for a file of it, but cant find one. if anyone has a backup i would really appreciate you posting it here.

3. philipman

philipman Regular member

They have it at www.x-b-o-x.net

4. pgm8705

pgm8705 Member

When i originally moded my xbox, i know for sure that i saved the ms dashboard. At least i did what my guide told me to do. I copied the file xboxdash.xbe to my computer, changed the name of it ti msxboxdash.xbe and put it back on with the evox dashboard installed. Any ideas?

5. aykfc

aykfc Member

Mine is working, thank the lord and the sheep. Ok what I did was use the ftp program and downloaded the ms dashboard from that xbox site. I opened the file there were three folders. I could transfer 2. The one I couldnt, well it had 2 folders for like songs and movies or something and nothing else was in it. I wnet to the files folder in my evox or whatever dashboard and got the live program to open up. Well it wouldnt connect becuase I had to change the IPs which was fine but I couldnt go back to the original dashboard, but I knew I was almost there. I got the live part on there. Later on I tried using a program that connects to the internet, and it automatically brought my to the live part of the ms dashboard. I pressed B and it took me to the beginnig, I had correctly put the ms dashboard on my xbox. Now, I need to update it also because it is not 5960 but there is no rush on that. Please let me know if you have any more questions

6. pgm8705

pgm8705 Member

I got it working. All i did was select "play live" in one of my games, and it evenutally took me to the ms dashboard. The problem was, i couldn't get to evo x anymore, but i just reinstalled it and everything was fine. thanks for the help