1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microsoft Extends Warrenty To 3 Years From Date of Purchase

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by PS2Menace, Jul 5, 2007.

1. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Microsoft Corp. today announced that it will expand its global Xbox 360 warranty coverage. Any Xbox 360 customer who experiences a general hardware failure indicated by three flashing red lights will now be covered by a three year warranty from date of purchase. All other existing Xbox 360 warranty policies remain in place.

As a result of what Microsoft views as an unacceptable number of repairs to Xbox 360 consoles, the company conducted extensive investigations into potential sources of general hardware failures. Having identified a number of factors which can cause general hardware failures indicated by three red flashing lights on the console, Microsoft has made improvements to the console and is enhancing its Xbox 360 warranty policy for existing and new customers.

Microsoft stands behind its products and is taking responsibility to repair or replace any Xbox 360 console that experiences the "three flashing red lights" error message within three years from time of purchase free of charge, including shipping costs. Microsoft will take a $1.05 billion to $1.15 billion pre-tax charge to earnings for the quarter ended June 30, 2007 for anticipated costs under its current and enhanced Xbox 360 policies.

"The majority of Xbox 360 owners are having a great experience with their console and have from day one. But, this problem has caused frustration for some of our customers and for that, we sincerely apologize," said Robbie Bach, president of Microsoft's Entertainment & Devices Division. "We value our community tremendously and look at this as an investment in our customer base. We look forward to great things to come."

For any customer who has previously paid for repair expenses related to the three flashing lights error message on the Xbox 360 console, Microsoft will retroactively reimburse them.

That's directly from this thread here
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=611303&st=0&#entry4044152

2. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

3. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

I just called them, I was on hold for 20 minutes.He just asked me what the problem was,address,phone number,name,and thats it!!! He didnt even ask about the warranty sticker,he was real nice.Box should arrive in 5 days,yes. I love you Microsoft.It took them a while to accept their mistakes,but they did.Now I can waste $300 on something else Im so happy:D (lol we made the same thread at the same time)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2007
  4. bailey07

bailey07 Regular member

Is this in the UK too?

5. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Yes it is WORLDWIDE!!! :D

6. rushmer

rushmer Member

is this only for the 3 red light problem? i have had mine just over a year, and now im getting the "please put this game in an xbox 360 to play" message most times i close the tray!!
    how difficult is it to replace the laser without ms? (i presume its a laser problem?) i was planning on hard modding it anyway...
    thanks

7. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Yes it is only for the 3 red lights.My console flashes 3 red lights and 1 red light(e74).When I called them I didnt tell them anything about the 1 red light hopefully everything goes well

8. bailey07

bailey07 Regular member

great! :) dont have to worry about 3 red lights no more!