1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Microsoft Outlook 2003 - Please help

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by voorire, May 15, 2007.

1. voorire

voorire Member

Cannot open jpg attachments, When i attempt to open i receive a message"Application not found" . Could someone help, please

2. CCScan

CCScan Member

I don't know if this will help but here it goes. It seems that your computer does not have a program asociated with opening and viewing .jpg files. Even though you are in Outlook 2003 (email app) you need to point that file to be opened with a program to view pics.

To create file association:

1. Right-click a file with the extension that you want to change, and then click Open, or double-click the file.

2. Windows XP displays a dialog box that indicates that no program is associated with this file. The dialog box offers two choices for creating an association:
    • Use the Web service to find the appropriate program
    • Select the program from a list

Unless you want to find and download software that opens this file type, the best choice is to select the program from a list.

3. Windows displays a dialog box that displays programs that are installed on the computer. If the program that you want to use for this file type is not listed, click Browse to locate the appropriate software. Select the Always use the selected program to open this kind of file check box.

Hope that helps.

3. voorire

voorire Member

Thanx, your advice worked

4. CCScan

CCScan Member

Your welcome. Glad to hear it.